by jam 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jam
    jam

Maybe someone can post "www.Robertlanza.CO

I hope Mr Lanza is right in his theory because it is scary not knowing

where in the hell I will end up after I die..LOL

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Well try to cross a bullet through your brain and see if quantum suicide is a possible hypothesis.

By this hypothesis you never experience death in first person perspective. Your consciousness just slip to a slightly different universe where your shot fails and you continues to live.

• jam
    jam

Thanks John, interesting theory..

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis.

It depends on if the multiuniverse theory is right or not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We will either know or not know when we inevitably die.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I can't remember where, but I heard a theory that we do not actually 'remember' our past, our memories are actually our consciousness time traveling to that moment.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

john_mann - in that theory, what happens when somebody is supposed to die of old age? is there a universe where everybody slips and they kept aging to thousands of years old looking like raisins?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

On death though, sometimes I wonder if it could almost be like a dream. When you are dreaming you are unaware that you are dreaming, you can be in a entire different world and oblivious that minutes ago you were in this world. Imagine if this life is just like a dream, you wake up and remember all the lives/experiences you had. In a sense it makes life sort of like virtual reality.

• jam
    jam

punkofnice: hell I'm close to 70, I don't want any surprise.

I wake up and JW's everywhere singing Kingdom songs or people

yelling death to the infidels.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

@Punk: But if you does not experience death, how could you know when you pass through it? If this hypothesis is correct you are always dying and slipping to other universes. Even in this universe we cannot be sure when our consciousness started. When we look back to our conscious life we just see a lot of noise. It's just like a game architect sets the background as a dangling carrot around the player, you always see the background but it moves at same rate as you move. Subjectively speaking your consciousness "start" does not matches with your birth. Same thing when you think about your death, if you pay attention your birth is just a weird event as your future death. You just can talk about your birth and your death as a third person event. That's exactly how a game background works, just to give you an illusion of perspective to a specific level (or universe). It does not matter where you came from or where you going, just interact with the things inside your reach. Same thing happens in our dreams too, we always start in a dream doing something, in my case I usually start in a dream in walking mode. But in dreams we are more interested in the instant action, rarely we stop to think from where we came from or to where we'll go. Try to emulate this mindset to your waking life and you'll enjoy a very good life.

@EOM: We could slip to a universe where the old age was eradicated just in time to you get the cure.

Travel in time in one universe seems to be pretty impossible. But we can travel back or forward by slipping into a universe identical to this one, but with a different time frame. So we can travel in time by travelling through universes. I tend to be sympathetic with the hypothesis of memory being a kind of mind travel through universes.

And for those who think is impossible to exist such vast number of universes, there's a hypothesis that says just a lonely electron can produce an entire universe. Search about one-electron universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit