The Iglesia Ni Cristo religion based in the phillapines studied with the Bible Students 100 years ago

by smiddy 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

They reportedly have over 10 million baptised members world wide , as an offshoot of "The international Bible Students Association", wouldnt you say they have Gods blessing rather than Jehovahs witnesses ?

smiddy

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Actually.....NO!!! There is no 'god' so there is no 'blessing' for any person or group. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• eby
    eby

Smiddy,

What is your source of information on this group? I would like to read more as I know a person who belongs to it.

eby

• rebel8
    rebel8

With the trustworthy source of Wikipedia, I educated myself about this group. Doesn't sound much different than any other religion.

• designs
    designs

Interesting. There are several groups under that name in our area.

• smiddy
    smiddy

eby

Use the search button at the top of the screen and type in Iglesia ni Cristo and you will have posts that will give you the information you need.

It was a poster here , where I first heard about them.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

NAVYTOWN

I get what your saying , I was just thinking if you had a chance to throw that line back at a JW on your doorstep and watch his/her reaction.

You could also throw in that the SDA and the Mormons both of who started in the same century have more members than the JW`s .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

What area is that designs ? just curious

smiddy

• designs
    designs

San Diego California.

• dozy
    dozy

I've met a few members. The membership figures seem to be a bit vague - another source quotes 1.8 million. I was struck with many of the similarities to JWs. Many of the these religions had similar beginnings - some guy in the late 1800's decided to form his own religion , proclaimed it as the "one & only true church" and condemned all others as Satanic , set up some distinctive supposedly "bible based" beliefs and they kind of grew from there with a mixture of evangelising and breeding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit