Right Wing growth in UK and Europe.

by snare&racket 22 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Anyone else finding it troubling?

Anyone feel it represents their views?

Is it being reported in USA/Australia etc?

Here is the news covering the recent elections http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27542435

Here is a recent eye opening video with the UKIP leader http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Rq7avG234

• roberto avon
    roberto avon

not everywhere in Europe, for example in Holland the result of the right wing party of Geert Wilders was very disappointing but I aspect a

good result of Marine Le Pen in France and the anti Europe party of Grillo in Italy which is not a right wing party. People in Europe are fed up with the burocrats in Brussels and blame them for not reacting and resolving the economic crises. in my country ( Italy ) we suffer from a too strong Euro that is slowly destroying our complete manufacturing industry. I hope this vote can be some kind of a warning that enough is enough!

• KateWild
    KateWild

My duaghter voted for the first time yesterday. She voted Tory and then complained later on that night about dentists not being on the NHS. She understands that one party can't cater for all her needs, but she leans to the right, and thinks that most people on the dole are lay abouts and should get off their bums and work like her.

She knows enough about politics to know that UKIP are racist. I wouldn't worry too much about them Snare, the majority of voters know they are radical extremists and just as bad as the BNP. UKIP will never come into power even if they do get a few seats here and there.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The rise of Right Wing Fascist type groups in many countries is extremely worrying. To achieve their popularity they have to convince their members that their views are correct.

What is most worrying about that, is that any success they are having shows that there is a severe lack of proper education about both Politics and Morals.

It is ignorance alone that allows extreme groups of any ilk to prosper. The major Political parties are doing a very bad job of getting their message believed, they need to become more credible, if they do not then alternatives will be looked for.

Plain speaking is something most Politicians do not have as a skill.

The lessons that past History give us should be listened to, and acted upon.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It is ignorance alone that allows extreme groups of any ilk to prosper. - phizzy

I agree that the young are not educated properly about politics in this country, but it's really not that hard to see who the rascist parties are. Both the major parties Tory and Labour are not really helping the younger generation get a higher education, find careers and affordable housing and in a good positions to pay off their Uni debts here in Britain. I think that many abstain from voting which could in fact be beneficial for the radical parties.

Having said this, I don't think racist politians will achieve anything, the British public are not that ignorant. Lessons have been learned from Stalin and Hitler, no one like them will ever come into power again in Europe, I just can't see it.

Kate xx

• kramer
    kramer

There is no way silly minority parties will get parliament seats..... They only do Ok in Europe because of the pr. Voting system, and the council voting methods let them in a bit.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Kramer, and I will be surprised if when the votes are in UKIP have done as well as they think they are going to in returning Euro M.P's this time.

I know there will be a protest vote of considerble size that will vote candidates of UKIP in, but I think it will not be a whitewash, and as you say, in the General Election next year it will be a different story.

I do wish that there was a viable alternative to the other three Parties, I don't think any of the one issue parties are viable, maybe the Greens can step up to the plate before next year ? They need to get their skates on in case a snap Election is called.

• 88JM
    88JM

I did want to start a post on here about politics in the UK, but I thought it might get a bit heated. As a young exJW, I've never voted yet, so the whole process is a bit daunting, but I think I've become much more interested in politics since being out.

I don't know if anyone in the UK last week caught the latest episode of a radio programme on BBC Radio 4 by Michael Sandel about people's attitudes towards voting - was very interesting to me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/r4sandel

• Splash
    Splash

The term 'racist' is applied just as unjustifiably in politics, as 'apostate' is in the JW's.

And with the same objective - to put people in a labelled box and shut down thinking.

That word has become so overused as an everyday, unthinking insult, it's true meaning has been all but lost.

Splash

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Unless it is justified splash....

Like Farage's assumptions about Romanians....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit