FAT BURNERS????

by DATA-DOG 49 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I need a good fat-burner. I am getting some serious love handles, and a gross poochy belly. Yeah, Yeah...I drink almost every night, and this has been going on for almost 2 years, blah, blah..hic!?

Seriously, I am the fattest that I have ever been and it has to stop. I am getting a new more physical job, I am going to start lifting and training again, so that should help. I also have some modeling/advertising experience. I would like to get back into shape because there is a niche for persons of my age. I woulld like to try something as a fitness model, and [ DON'T LAUGH..] I really want to be in shape and see if any local artists wants to sculpt me. I know that may sound strange, but I will only be young..ish once. I could do the whole statue of David thing if I worked out for a year or so,I think.

Man, I gotta lose this gut!!! Jesus ain't coming to get me in shape, so now I have to do it!!! Tom Cruise is 50, so if he can do it, I can do it. I just need some pharmacological [ is that a word??] help.

So has anyone used anything that works? Green Coffee extract, Green Tea extract? Anything?? God, I miss ripped-fuel!! It worked so good for me, and then the FDA ripped it from the shelves! Seriously, I have to change my eating and drinking habits, before it's too late.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great!! Now Jillian Michaels is taunting me! She is so hot! I love tough girls. I don't care if she's a lesbo. Ok, gotta finish my drink!

DD

• cofty
    cofty

Eat less - move more.

That is all you need to know.

You can't beat the second law of thermodynamics. Calories consumed minus calories burned.

If you have a daily deficit of 500Kcal you will lose 1lb per week. If you have a surplus you will continue to gain weight.

Chemical assistance is bullshit. See myfitnesspal.com for a useful way of logging your calories.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Atkins -type diet has worked for me in the past. High protein, eggs for breakfast, chicken, fish and quorn for lunch/dinner. Fruit and veg but very low carbs, cut out potatoes, pasta and sugar. Half a glass of red wine in the evening if I want a drink.

• KateWild
    KateWild

DD, chill out go with the flow. Some people are excersisers and some start and stop. Concentrate on leaving the cult. Perhaps you can play sports on a saturday morning with your kid. I was doing that on Sundays with my son until my ex put a stop to it. We were playing squash and swimming instead of meetings.

But just chill out and relax. You don't have to be Dr McDreamy all your life, remember those girls in the gay bar, sounds like you still got it DD!

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

DD,

Once again I echo Cofty,

Calories in, calories out. The rest of it is BS. And it can't be any other way. You can't 'spot' reduce, and drugs, chemicals, fad diets, binge/purge, etc. may work over the short time but fail miserably over the long term. It is really 100 percent about calories. The best fat burner is your discipline with calories and moving. Do anything but move. That may change in the brave new world in the future but for now were stuck. Good luck.

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS,

I was waiting for your self-disciplined response. I agree keeping in shape helps us to enjoy life better and avoid getting heart disease and diabetes. But do you think that some become overly involved in keeping in shape it is to their detriment?

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

Kate,

For some? Of course. Tail ends of bell curves.

• tornapart
    tornapart

DD, try bodyweight workouts, my son does it and he's lean and ripped. No gym or equipment needed. Eat a balanced diet and cut out the alcohol.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I agree with Cofty.

I am 62. I eat a lot. I drink 4 beers a day maybe more on the weekend.

But I go to the gym and play soccer. When I play soccer I run the whole field.

I am soaking wet at the end of the game.

I eat breakfast a peanut butter and jelly or scrambled eggs on pupernickle.

I have a cup of cottage cheese for lunch.

And for dinner I have 3 to 4 beers meat and potatoes and tomatoes cucumbers and steamed vegetables.

I am 5'10 weigh 180 and 62 years old.

I either lift weights for an hour a day or play soccer 6 days out of seven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit