Arrogant Titles for Elders and Company Men

by punkofnice 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Overseers (rather than old term servants)

Mighty men

Sheiks

Double honor

(1 Timothy 5:17) 17 Let the older men who preside in a fine way be reckoned worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard in speaking and teaching.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I particularly gringe at the "glorious ones" Really ? Glorious ?

The Pope is looking humble to me now.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Double honor!! Lol!!!! The don't deserve it. I guess good-for-nothing slave applies to the rank and file... What kind of an asshole tells people who are trying their best, " So?!? You should be doing even more..slave." Jeehoober can be a real douche, no wonder so many JW men are D-BAGS. If an Eldub demands or even hints that Iyou need to respect their position, just tell them that they are good for nothing slaves.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Humans love to stratify themselves for good or for bad. The more titles you need the more of an insecure power grabbing twat you must be.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

DATA-Dog - could I respectfully suggest that God, YHWH, Jesus or anything

in the Bible is not responsible for the Watchtower and

God did not "do" any of this.

Separate God from these jerks please.

Matthew 7:22-23

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,

and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me,

you workers of lawlessness.’

• talesin
  • Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well I agree with you VG, even though I am not a believer per se. The words attributed to Jesus in the gospels specifically speak out against giving titles and big noting oneself, seeking glory from men. Jesus promoted a humble religion where all were to be equal with no-one having titles , and a lot of believers have lost sight of this fact. Organised religion cannot function without titles and hierarchy, yet these are the very things Jesus told his followers not to do. One could then reason that Jesus was not advocating an organised religion, but a peaceful life of good works and private spirituality.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just say Jeehoober to be funny. I know that a Creator who is supposed to love humans can't have anything to do with the WTBTS jerks. If GOD is a big jerk like them, then he can execute me, because he doesn't deserve to be worshipped. The whole "he gave you life" excuse doesn't cut it with me. If treated my kid like crap, but said ," Hey, I gave you life! You better recognize, YO?!?", I would be considered an ass. Especially would this be true if I also threatened my child with death for not respecting me while I spent my time being an ass.

DD

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed. What sort of parent threatens to kill his kid for disobeying? When it happens in some of those Muslim communities the world is outraged. Yet God says he will do the same and believers be like, "serves them right!"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed. What sort of parent threatens to kill his kid for disobeying? When it happens in some of those Muslim communities the world is outraged. Yet God says he will do the same and believers be like, "serves them right!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit