my story slowly

by venting 12 Replies latest jw friends

• venting
    venting

I remember studying the truth book. The blood issue never sat well with me. In fact it's my biggest complant. It's just insane. And I drank the coolaid. For the sake of the people, they should make it a conscious matter. venting

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

No conscience needed, their interpretation is blatantly wrong and they

changed the doctrine now anyway, thousands died adhering to the previous

WT interpretation and now they allow you to take "blood fractions"

Under this reasoning, 'Thou Shalt Not Kill ', can become, unless you kill him slowly.

'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultry', can become, unless you do it on Tuesday.

'Thou Shalt Not Steal', can become, unless you disquise it as a "pledge".

• whathappened
    whathappened

If you haven't already read it, go to jwfacts.com. There is a very in depth, informative page about the blood doctrine and why it is scripturally WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

i couldn't believe what I was reading. It made so much sence, unlike the Watchtower's reasoning.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I believe they would like to back off of the blood doctrine, but it creates a problem, what do they say about all the men, women and children who lost their lives because they thought that was what Jehovah required? It would be obvious that those people died for nothing. Hence the blood factions doctrine. How can it be wrong to take blood, but not a sub product of that blood? It's a way to fudge the rule while still pretending the old rule was right. Meanwhile, people are still dying because the Watchtower sticks to a ridiculous prohibition that is based on ignorance.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My grandmother died because she refused a blood transfusion. I barely remember her because I was only five. Now my mother carries her new blood card showing she might consider fractions. She never questions why her mother had to die. It makes me so angry. She should be angry too but oddly enough, she doesn't get it.

• venting
    venting

Some other things That have always bugged me. When you get baptised the last thing they ask you is.. And do you reconise this makes you a member of Gods spirit directed earthly organization yada yada. Something like that. I used to think. Thats not in the bible. In other words you have to obey what they say. Then everybody says yes!! You are now zombies! Then everybody claps. Disfellowshiping. They expect you to have nothing to do with your son or daughter for the rest of your life if need be. I could never do this. My kid was df and I still talked and showed loved. I know that makes me very bad example. I know some people who have cut off all ties. They haven't seen their kids in years. I'm sure the c/o gives them a thataboy pat on the back. This is just too much to ask. What if the org is wrong? You can't get that time back. Science is a big issue with me. If you study the theory of evolution in a non jehovahs witneses setting I belive you will find as I did that evolution is a fact. The books the brothers have published are full of quote mineing. I used to think they were great. Untill I studied out side the box. Question. Is there a spell check on this site? I'm not eliterate, I had a small stroke. bare with me. venting

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Sorry about your stroke.

I always had high b/p, and always feared heart attack or stroke.

Although I take pills, after being punted out, my b/p is the lowest it's been in 25 years.

Good health to you.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Venting,

I am so glad to hear you didn't shun your df'd son. I think that's a good example. Well done. Thanks for your story so far. I am looking forward to read some more of your story.

Kate xx

• venting
    venting

Berrygerry sorry about your b/p. I'm glad your doing much better.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey venting.

Welcome and thank you for being willing to post and share in spite of challenges.

Personally I rely on the spell checker in MS Word.

I copy and paste my posts into Word, and then fix the spelling mistakes.

Most here will overlook spelling and grammar and enjoy reading your story.

You have 30 minutes to change, correct or update any post (just click on the pen icon).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit