Hello

by venting 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome to the dark side.

Its funny how things look when you step out of the box. venting.

Yep. It's an emotional rollercoaster to say the least.... at least for the first few months.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. I hope someday you find the courage to leave. It's not easy, but living your life in harmony with your beliefs is wonderful. It's easier said than done I know, but my only regret now is that I didn't leave sooner.

Lisa

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome! This is the place to say your say or forever hold your peace.

• venting
    venting

I started studing in the mid 70s. I remember asking the brother studing with me, how come there are no miracles today? He said, oh but there are. Then he told me that tale of the two sisters going door to door. They called on a serial killer. He did not harm them. But later that day a avon lady called on that killer and he killed her. The police asked him why he did not harm the sisters. It was because of the two big men with them! He told me they were angels. I don't know how many others heard this b.s. But that was one of many other wittness folklore tales I have heard. venting. Since I'm now a secret agent, maybe I could tunnel my way under the kindom hall to make a break! I could use my tools during one of those anoying new songs no one likes!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, the Mormons and other religions tell the exact same story, it's just an Urban Legend, that's why it is usually told word of mouth, not published in the literature.

Did you hear the one about the thief that broke into a house and hid under the bed? Yeah, he heard the the bible being read, he later started a study and got baptized, he tracked the sister down at a convention to thank her. Totally true, I heard it at an assembly.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have woken up.

Please let the real you shine through so that you can be kind to all, especially your family if they are not "in the truth." You will never regret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit