I am sick and tired, I am proud, I am leaving

by never a jw 11 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

For 2 years, soon after my daughter's baptism, I have been exchanging many emails with an elder of her congregation. Good man, but he is a JW and he just drove me to the brink of madness recently; that was the drop the spill the water. It's a cult. The guy is intelligent and fairly well educated, but he, my two brothers, another elder, and few JW friends have led me to believe that they are beyond repair and I am wasting an important part of my life, so I am putting this business of JW's behind. I am putting all my apostate books, ancient history books, bibles, and biblical scholarship studies away. Even my science and astronomy books have to go. They always remind me of how dishonest the WT is when they misquote great scientists and thinkers. I am also stopping my visits to ex JW's websites. I need to enjoy life again; free myself from the insidious influence of the WT.

Thank you all for your help. I got to pull my son out on time thanks to you. My son is a wonderful young man with more heart than brains and yet he scored an IQ of 145. Straight A student, never a B in his entire life. Ranked number one in his graduation from junior high (out of 350). Now that he is in his freshman year, he is part of the swim team (practices 2 1/2 hours a day), he volunteers in the library, animal shelter, and city sponsored events. He also participates in a Boys and Girls Club sponsored by Disney and other deep pockets here in California. He and two friends last Friday just won, in a young inventors competition, the opportunity to go to Paris, France with all expenses paid to present their invention. I won't give details lest someone steals the idea that may potentially become valuable intelectual property. He is one hell of a kid who happens to be reading Crisis of Conscience. He must be out of the cult by now. But I won't take my chances. I will feed him more Ray Franz and Carl Olof Jonsson by the time he is giving his valedictorian speech, three years from now. My middle finger goes to the Governing Body with great pleasure because, thanks to you all, I stole a District.. (oops, I forgot the WT changes too fast) a Circuit Overseer.

I am glad I have planted the seed of apostasy with my family and others. I hope some of the translations that I made of apostate articles to Spanish have helped, or will help, someone. I am very hopeful that the bright future awaiting my son should serve as a good example of what happens when you give the middle finger to the WT. I hope many parents and their children get to see the difference. Sadly, in my 22 years of association with JW's I have witnessed how dozens of young kids lives are ruined by this cult. They are not accepted by the WT and have a hard time adjusting to the real world. Sad, very sad!

Regarding my baptized daughter, things are harder, but I am glad she is attending university come next fall. I am confident that she will see the BS before she graduates in four years.

My sincere apologies to anyone whom I have offended. I am leaving as a better person than when I just visited the first time, a man who is no longer indifferent to the plight of disfellowshipped men and women, and also very willing to help homosexuals reach equality in every possible way. Thank you for the transformation. Thank you for waking me up to the reality behind the love bombing at kingdom halls.

Felipe Morales [email protected]

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Cheers Felipe - I has been a pleasure having you on JWN and I will send you an email - Frazzled

• galaxie
    galaxie

Felipe; good luck to you and your family.

May your lifes journey be a happy one.

Best wishes.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Congrats! Great to read of young ones starting their journey in life awakened to the dangers of religious cults! Keep us posted on your daughter.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am sorry to hear about your daughter, I am glad you have hope she will wake up to the nonsense of WT, I hope she does too. Thank you for showing concern for us damaged ones who have exited and sre trying to exit.

Take care Kate xx

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Felipe, it sounds as though you have much to be proud of in awakening from the cult and saving your children. Congratulations on both your son and daughter! If they are half as smart as their dad they will do extremely I we'll in their lives. Best wishes on the rest of your journey!

((((Felipe))))

• Ding
    Ding

I wish you and your family all the best.

We will be here if you need us again.

Please share any developments with us.

It helps to hear encouraging stories and suggestions for helping others learn TTATT.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

never a jw, it took me many years to leave the JW and the thing that really did it is focusing on Love. When I came to realize that they do not truely demonstrate the basic of it all, that is when I found the courage to leave. Also, the WT prevented me from looking at the what mattered the most by giving undue important to other things:

• We are building halls, assembly halls and bethels. Did Jesus or even his deciples built anything?
    • We are the one that print the most and translate the most: Did Jesus write anything? How many books were written by his deciples over how many years... compare with JW today. Does the numbers make the information accurate and truthful? Old lights (erroneous teachings based on a flawed understanding of the scriptures) have been printed and distributed to millions.
    • We are united in one teaching: From one end of the world to another. How is this realy a good thing? Since many teachings have been changed over the years, isn't this a demonstration of oppresing the thoughts of individuals?
    • Guided by a few man, like it was in the bible. They do not claim to be inspired and much less performing miracles similar to Moses, how can they compare themselves to these man?
    • We are preaching worldwide! So are the muslim and the catholics.
    • We keep the congregation's pure by disfellowshipping. And how is this in line with preventing everyone, including family, from talking to a sinner? Bear in mind, we are under the christian law, guided by love, not the mosaic law.
    • Look at the fruits produced by the WT, you can't deny the evidence. Keeping the "fruit of the spirit" in mind, how can you corolate that to building kingdom halls, printing, accurate meeting attendance, preparing the meetings, etc. JW by large will judge individuals by there measured performane. How is this in line with Jesus' teachings? Where is the love?
    • Do not find insignificant issues with topics that are not important. If these are not important, then, why giving so much importance to the fact I am bringing them up? Who demonstrates the lack of humility: The one who brings forth a fact or the one that calls him an anti-christ for doing so?

I know you gave up on them, but please don't. Hold strong to the truth. I just hope this approach will possibly help you.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Have a great life! Happy that you saved your son, and I hope that your daughter does indeed see the light.

• clarity
    clarity

All the best Felipe.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit