You heard it here second...

by SixofNine 12 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Gee Six,

If you had put:

..."Sex before marriage, with one or more partners...will henceforth be considered morally acceptable..." - p. 29, True Peace and Security, How Can You Find It?

I believe that it would have been acceptable, particulary in view of WTBTS editing standards.

Randy Watters has a book called "Thus Saith the Governing Body" which is scanned pictures of many WTBTS articles & books. Also, where the WTBTS has quoted other people with/without their permission - the author's full quote or angry rebuttal for the misquote.

I believe it's the argument about John 1:1 which was such a hoot. The WTBTS quoted their authority, with appropriate "..." The professor was written (scanned in) by another professor (scanned in) who then (I believe scanned in) wrote the WTBTS a scathing letter to never use his name or quote him again - as the misquoted him horribly.
    I believe he threatened a lawsuit on that matter.

There are several scanned-in authors replying indignately to the WTBTS about the misquoted quotes and "..." used so often by the WTBTS.
    I always thought the "..." were used because it was a long quote, not to use the quoted words to back up another meaning.

As you have shown, a mere proper quote improperly "..." can completely alter the meaning. What a person can do with a ","!!!!!

waiting

• conflicted
    conflicted

You people are questioning Society Publications. (gasp)

That's a no-no - You know better.

Books are for underlining, not reading. LOL

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Waiting, you said,

What a person can do with a ","!!!!

What a person can do indeed! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit