Hi Everyone

by DisArmed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Hi Folks,

I've been reading posts here off and on for years. I decided to go ahead and join in with a post. I left Wally World 13-14 years ago, officially. Left unofficially, in spirit, years before that. I hung on for a while just-in-case-they-are-right, ha! Like many of you I started doing research and found everytime I tried to prove the organization right I always hit a dead end. It took a while but I went from where-will-I-go (what religion, belief system, etc.) to I-don't-need-to-GO-anywhere (no religion, no man made belief system). When I finally accepted the fact that the whole WT thing was just another religion I felt a load off my shoulders and freed my life to persue things I never could before. Got an education, advanced in my career, traveled a bit, set a new example for my children (adults now, eventually followed me out), and just overall enjoyed life more fully. I won't bore you you with too many details, but there is nothing greater than being out, knowing where you truly stand and are able to go beyond your wildest dreams!

Thanks

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Welcome to the board!

• arwen
    arwen

Great to hear sucess stories.. Thanks for stopping by!!

• steve2
    steve2

Disarmed,

Welcome. It is lovely to hear from you. You've made such healthy personal progress and come to sound conclusions about JWs. Your avatar is very fitting, indeed. You'll already know that this forum welcomes people who have a variety of views on the JWs and what I like about it is it accepts the fact that it is near impossible - or desirable - to expect everyone to agree with everyone else.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome, thanks for sharing!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. I left about the same time and followed the same path, eventually I became comfortable with not having all the answers. Anyone who thinks they have the answers is either lying or deluded, I would much rather live for today than waste my life waiting Armageddon on the word of an organization that has a 100% failure rate on date predictions.

Life is good

Lisa

• DJS
    DJS

Disarmed,

I think I know you!! Our stories are similar. ;-) Welcome to the forum.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Howdy and welcome.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Congrats! Welcome!

• clarity
    clarity

Hi and welcome DisArmed ... sounds like you will really

be a help to all the newbies who are just waking up!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit