17 calls? Are you kidding me?!?!

by Jon Preston 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bigmac
    bigmac

yes--the end is still rapidly approaching. but--dont worry--if you miss it --no doubt it will be well posted on youtube for all to see.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

for months oberon there wasnt much contact...then suddenly several drop bys without warning, constant phone calls? Asking if they should be worried? The same sister who asked that is the same who warned me to steer of someone in the ha because they had worldly tendencies and was spiritually weak.

And you may be accused of the same as I. Youre assuming i am cruel or hirting them when you have no idea how they are feeling nor are you fully aware. More the pot calling the kettle black.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

And actually the scenario youve put forth seems more cruel to me than me just telling them that we are great and we will ask for help if we need it, which is what Ive done...so please stop assuming things Based on incomplete information

• steve2
    steve2

They love and miss you in theory- but in practice, love your actual presence far, far less. Kind of like the organizational version of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"for months oberon there wasnt much contact"

I wouldn't expect a lot of people to start searching for you immediately. Worry builds up over time.

1st week: might not even think of the person, 2nd week: I wonder if I missed Jon around somewhere...oh well I'll catch him soon, 3rd week: I wonder where Jon has gone off too, it doesn't seem like I've seen him around...hmm..., 4th week: it is weird that Jon's been gone the past few weeks, maybe I should ask around and see if anybody else knows anything.

And then our dear brother start asking around for information, putting it into other peoples' minds that Jon is gone, making them curious in turn, and the rumors just kind of build up until you end up with a wave of phone calls and random visits asking if you are alright.

But that is all just simple human nature. I would not personally read too much maliciousness into it, but then again I don't allow hatred and paranoia into my heart, even if I don't agree with a group on doctrinal issues.

" Youre assuming i am cruel or hirting them when you have no idea how they are feeling nor are you fully aware."

The difference is, I do not pretend to be anything other than what I really am. I am honest with myself and with others. I accept that I am cruel and cold by nature. And if somebody were to ask me why I don't attend meetings or hang out with other Witnesses, I would tell them the truth: I do not get anything out of the meetings and I do not like being around people. Hang around me at your own risk and do not expect me to get attached.

That is called being up front, not giving false expectations. People who know me know exactly what to expect and what not to expect, so there are relatively few hurt feelings.

But I simply could not imagine 'leading people on' like you claim to do -- letting them think that everything is just fine and dandy when it is really not. It only sets them up for even worse pain down the road when they finally realize that you were just 'pretending' the entire time. Surely that is far more cruel.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Jon keep doing what you are doing. You are not mean or cruel. Good job. I went through it too. It stops right after you think it never will.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Well what a fine luxury for you oberon...some of us have wives or husbands with family in. My wife isnt at the stage where i can just DA and all will be honky dory. I am honest with myself. I know who i am and who i am not. I owe absolutely zip to them. I am free to do what i will. So point your fingers at me off your soap box, but remember how many others have had to do the same as me.

How am i leading anyone on? I havent said, "yes elder sir i will promise to be a better witness and get back to the meetings". I told them that we are great and that if we need anything i would let someone know. Gee that sure sounds cruel eh?

Plead your case to someone else, it has no bearing on me.

Thanks coma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit