only JW's can analize scripture because they are spiritual

by never a jw 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

*** rs p. 332-p. 333 Religion ***

‘I just read my Bible at home and pray to God for understanding’

You might reply: ‘Have you succeeded in reading the entire Bible as yet?’ Then perhaps add: ‘As you work on that, you will find something very interesting at Matthew 28:19, 20. . . . This is significant because it shows that Christ uses other humans to help us to understand what is involved in being a real Christian. In harmony with that, Jehovah’s Witnesses offer to visit people in their home for an hour or so each week, free of charge, to discuss the Bible. May I take just a few minutes to show you how we go about it?’

*** rs p. 328 Religion ***

If we personally read the Bible, is that sufficient?

It is true that many people can learn a great deal by reading the Bible personally. If their motive is to learn the truth about God and his purposes, what they are doing is highly commendable. (Acts 17:11) But, being honest with ourselves, are we truly going to grasp the full significance of it all without help? The Bible tells about a man who held a prominent position but who was humble enough to acknowledge his need for help in understanding Bible prophecy. That help was provided by a member of the Christian congregation.—Acts 8:26-38; compare other references to Philip in Acts 6:1-6; 8:5-17.

Of course, if a person reads the Bible but does not apply it in his life, it does him little good. If he believes it and acts on it, he will associate with God’s servants in regular congregation meetings. (Heb. 10:24, 25) He will also join with them in sharing the “good news” with other people.—1 Cor. 9:16; Mark 13:10; Matt. 28:19, 20.

But the WTS weasel words really reflect the description Jesus gave of the religious leaders of his time.

(Matthew 15:3-14) 3 In reply he said to them: “Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? 4 For example, God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.’ 5 But YOU say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother: “Whatever I have by which you might get benefit from me is a gift dedicated to God,” 6 he must not honor his father at all.’ And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. 7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 ‘This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” 10 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11 Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.” 12 Then the disciples came up and said to him: “Do you know that the Pharisees stumbled at hearing what you said?” 13 In reply he said: “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ never a jw: ADCMS,I read the part of the reasoning book but missed the significance of the comment regarding their typical circular reasoning

I was pointing out that the first move a JW always makes to prove their point is to go to WT literature. They'll rarely direct you to something other than WT literature to support any argument. In this case, the elder immediately tells you to read the Reasoning book.....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ADCMS - I agree. It's circular. Like using the book to prove the book.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

The definition of "spiritual" is kinda elusive. If by spiritual he means religious then the most religious man lived 500 years BCE. His name was Gautama Siddhartha -the guy who invented Bhuddhism. His take was give up all material things, control and kill all fleshly desires and live a morally good life. If you followed his bilge, you would be ten thousand times more spiritual than this clown of an elder. How come the Enlightened one couldn't see what our enlightened elder sees? Oh I forgot -Paul hadn't written to the Cor: yet.-gosh I must be an idiot -he wasn't even born; I'm a total moron. His parents wouldn'tbe born for another 500 years!

J is looking down on the entire earth and cannot see a man who teaches lives and dies practicing almost exactly what the JW's teach about being spiritual and non-materialistic. He gets passed over for a murderer turned spiritual teacher , who inturn has directly annointed our elder pal in 2014( and all Jw's) to tell us he can see what we can't. Amazing X-ray vision. Just like superman's .Can he describe and put into words how his spiritual perception is better educated to intepret the scriptures to us, and how that spirituality makes him so eloquent that he cant put into words why his intepretation is superior in meaning to the black and white understood by all who read it? Because his "spiritual vision" of the scriptures is just as fake as the born agains " speaking -in tongues" crap. Just as they can't give a reason for their transformation or explain what it exactly s for , this elder is just as gobbledegook in his.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit