Most Damning Publication?

by Wild_Thing 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Of all of the Watchtower's many publications dating now to all the way back to Russell, which one publication is the most damning in showing they are a complete crachpot of a religion? And I course, I mean which ORIGINAL publication before they changed a few words and reprinted!

Personally, I think it is probably Russell's The Divine Plan of the Ages. I don't think most JWs realize how pyramidism influenced Russell's doctrines, some of which the JWs kept and just changed the reason!

Thoughts?

• clarity
  • skin
    skin

For me it is the “Evolution Creation” book published by the IBSA in 1927. This book is what first opened up my eyes to the deceiving lies that the WT of today are telling us about their so called wonderful 1914 date.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have thought about spending loads of money on antiquitated Watchtower books and giving them as a gift to my mom. But in my heart, I know that (a) it wouldn't make a difference, and (b) she would be too scared to look at them just because I was the one who gave them to her.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The Harp of God is a classic. Millions now Living Will Never Die etc, 1925 etc.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i just purchazed several classics off ebay for a decent price....including The Harp of God....cant wait to dig in to this stuff.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Anything Russell wrote with the wings of the Egyptian Goddess on the covers

and all the pages and pages of illustrations and lunatic calculations and theories

about the Great Pyramid. Its so utterly absurd to think the Creator of the universe

would choose this arrogant idiot to write this dribble and be Gods "sole channel of communication"

to mankind, to believe this, requires a phenomenal depth of delusion; to know what this man wrote and

Rutherford after him as well, these buffoons, charlatrans, flim flam artists, to read this stuff

and to continue to go to meetings and believe you are "in the truth", how is it possible ?

No one who is honestly looking at this literature can possibly be fully conscious and not

exit the Kingdom Hall and run for their lives.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I loathe the Jeremiah Book.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

@villagegirl. Speaking of Russell, why was he allowed to grow a beard, but not witnesses today?

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Revelation its Grand Climax was updated, meaning some stuff in the old version reach their "use by" date. You can live forever, with the chapter no one could explain satisfactorily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit