One way could be showing how absurd their concept is when trying to answer the question, Blondie.

by jam 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam
  • jam
    jam

Angels marrying women.

Ok, what line did they tell the women. When ask where did you

come from? If they told them, from the sky, I'm a Angel. Now that's

a hell of a pick up line, but if you are a woman what would you think?

If they said from the village over the hill. What village you may

ask, the men in our village are so much different then you.

Think about this, if you are a Angel and have been observing the behavior

of humans and realizing they can be little vain, you will make sure you have

a hell of a body and all the tools that go with it. Average height for men

maybe 5 feet. You (Angel) sport a 6'2 frame. Average manhood 4-6 in.

Depend on what the Angels agree (that could get out of hand) they

would be much larger.

When ask about the future, what's the plan? We will rule the earth my dear wife.

What's the deal about getting married. Why, God, Angels and wife, three fold

to make the union stronger?

What about the parents, no say so in the matter. If my daughter came to

me and ask permission to marry a man that said he came from the sky,

I would tell her you need help, no way will you marry that nut..

• LogCon
    LogCon

Why did they only lust after the women? If the Angels were non-gender, why did some not come down as women and get their jolly's with the men of the day?

• jam
    jam

They realized that it was a man's world and women would not

be able to accomplish anything. Sound good to me, who knows.

That's the bible.

• zophar
    zophar

All of the Angels named in Scripture, have male names. The explanation when I discussed the matter with a member of the Service Department is that, like Jehovah and Jesus, the Angels are male in personality.

• blondie
    blondie

man = power and authority

woman = submission, women could not own property because they were property

angels were interested in having children, descendants and form their own nation or kingdom, not possible if they could not procreate in heaven

per WTS

(btw, what makes you think women had any choice in whom they married in the first place?)

• jam
    jam

Please explain Zechariah 5;9 "Then I raised my eyes and looked, and

there were two women, coming with the wind in their wings: for

they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the

basket between earth and heaven. These two Angels had personalities of

women no mistake, or unless they were in drag.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Moses did say daughters could inherit property.

This Mosiac Law was repealled later by Rabbis.

Rabbinical Law overturned the Law of Moses.

Case of Zelophehad.

(Num. xxvii. 8-11
    As a result of the question raised by the daughters of Zelophehad, the following

general rules of inheritance were laid down by Moses:

"If a man die, and have no son, then ye shall cause his inheritance to pass unto his daughter.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Jam:

"Angels marrying women"

Just as another possibility in the account - The term "wives" in Genesis 6:2 could also be rendered "women" or "concubines" or "female slaves." Most translators seem to render it "wives" (see here; possibly because the verse uses the verb "took"), but the language does not require that. Also, nothing in the context or any related verse (such as 1Pe 3:20; 2Pe 2:4; Jude 6) actually says that these angels lived as humans.

The term "have relations" (Hebrew yā-ḇō-’ū; Strong's 935) in Genesis 6:4 is literally "come in." This is the only place that the word is used in a sexual sense. One Jewish Torah/Commentary (I didn't write down which; I saw it in a bookstore) suggests that the word in the context of Gen 6:4 carries the idea of an invasion, as normally, a man with a harem would bring the woman he intends to lay down with to his tent (as opposed to the tent the women would stay in).

Moreover, Genesis 6:4 says, "the Neph′i·lim proved to be in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of the [true] God continued to have relations with the daughters of men and they bore sons to them, they [i.e. the Neph′i·lim] were the mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame."

It was "the Neph′i·lim" who "proved to be in the earth in those days" when the "sons of the [true] God" were doing their thing. If "the sons of the [true] God" are angels, the phrasing very much allows for them to be doing their deeds intransit (so to speak). And it seems to me that if the angels had materialized and lived as humans, then, they would have been "the men of fame" rather than the hybrid Neph′i·lim.

Finally, it doesn't seem logical to me that they would give up their superior abilities as angels when they could materialize and de-materialize at will (based on the accounts of other angels in the Bible who had taken human form temporarily).

• jam
    jam

Bobcat interesting. "the Nephilim proved to be in the earth in those days,

and also after that, when the sons of the [true] God continued to have relations

with the daughters of men and they bore sons to them".

I'm confused, so Nephilim was here before the arrival of the falliing Angels and

afterward. I know Nephilim were mention some time after the flood but I didn't realize

they were here before Angels.

I have looked at that verse so many times and it never dawned on me they(Nephilim)

were living here before the arrival of Angels..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit