Well today is the day that I leave the WTS

by Leander 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

This morning I told my wife about my decision to step down as a MS and that I also would'nt be attending any meetings. She made a few comments that I expected her to make, but strangely enough she was for the most part very silent. She made it clear that she was against the decision but outside of a few other comments she said very little. That was about 2 hours ago, right now at this moment I'm at working typing this post and also printing out the letter I plan on giving to the presiding overseer today. I'm going to take the following letter and put it in the mailslot of the PO.

Heres what the letter looks like:

To the congregation body of elders,

This letter is to inform you that I, <my name> will be resigning from the duties of ministerial servant. This has been a very difficult decision to make, but after much time and consideration I have decided to step aside from all congregational activities at this time. I believe that the elders and minsterial servants at the congregation to be fine men, but regretfully I can no longer in good conscience continue serving in my previous capacity. I do not wish to discuss this decision any further at this particular time.

Enclosed with this letter are the keys for the literature department. All literature records and related material are located at the kingdom hall.

<My Name>

I feel that by sending a letter I can avoid a lot of the drama that results from attempting to fade. Also there is no probable cause for them to action against me and I can make a clean exit with minimal fuss. (hopefully)

Well thats all for now, I'll let everyone know how things progress from this point.

• alamb
    alamb

Congratulations and welcome!!!

• Matty
    Matty

(((Leander)))

You've given me butterflies quite a few times recently with your posts - so goodness knows how you must be feeling now. I'm glad your wife didn't take it too bad - I had visions of her going bananas.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Leander,

Welcome to your new life.
    I've been da'd for a several months and the freedom is so good. There are moments of sadness at the loss of certain friends and beliefs, but I know in my heart that I could never return to that. It's been so good to be free of all the negativity. A breath of fresh air, a new awakening.
    I know some of the emotions you're going through and am sending positive vibes your way!

Anne

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Perfect letter.

All you have to do now is refuse to discuss ANYTHING with them. They will generally disregard these requests for a while and they will pour on the 'niceness' and concern, which is often genuine. Keep in mind they WILL NOT UNDERSTAND so it is best not to explain ANYTHING.

Again, best letter I have read in a while. Enjoy reading the paper on Saturday mornings and kicking back with a beer on weeknights watching the game. You will soon wonder how you even did it before. On the downside, brace yourself for a load of gossip. But who really cares in the end? Enjoy yourself and hopefully the wife will soon see things more clearly.

Path

• patio34
    patio34

ALERT!! Leander, you said in your letter:

but regretfully I can no longer in good conscience

...I would stronly suggest you remove that phrase "in good conscience." That, to me, hints that you think something is amiss with yourself or them. Something will seem wrong with you that is bothering your conscience or something you think they are doing. Why put that in at all? Just leave it out and don't open any doors of inquiry! Path is right with the rest, imo, as to not discuss any more.

• gumby
    gumby

Well...it takes a strong man to go thru what you are doing.
    Even though you know the dubs are not the truth.....it has been a big part of your life and this must have your emotions stirred.

I feel bad for your wife too, because in her mind....you are now lost and have left Jehovah. She may not act too shook up but you can bet she is.

I hope you get thru this OK my friend and we are here for you.
    Good Luck!!

PS. Keep showing your sweetie lots of love at this point because she will expect you to "CHANGE".....you know...the paranoia thing they have about us when we leave.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello Leander,

Good for you! It was hard when I let my wife know I was not going back to the meetings regularly, ( the memorial and 1 day of the district assy. is what I give in to for her sake, and mine )
    A few tears were shed, ( not mine! ).

But you HAVE to know 'concerned' brothers will be showing up on your doorstep within a week or two to 'disscuss' what the problem is. After that a 'family' sheparding call will be scheduled, your call, ofcourse.

This may or may not concern you, but, if it does, try to consider your spiritual need. I read the Bible everyday but that may not be enough for the long term. However, one day at a time is all we can live, and not making ourselves slaves to the Borg is BY FAR the first step in the right direction! You go guy!

CornerStone

• ballistic
    ballistic

Good luck. Don't let them press you into a two way conversation. You will have to use your God given right to remain silent.

• blondie
    blondie

I would avoid talking to your wife about your real reasons for leaving or trying to talk her into your point of view. I have seen some experiences posted here where the spouse just let the actions of the JWs prove their point.

Try to find some reasons to show you appreciate her efforts at home and that you still love her (if you do).

Actions always speak louder than words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit