Dinosaurs.

by bobert 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

I thought it was quite good. My children loved it.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I saw the new 'Godzilla' film last night, in a reasonably packed theater, and found it to be good escapist summer fun. Perfect for the entire family. I don't even recall hearing any strong language. Very refreshing.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

as a JW child i loved dinosaurs and always wondered why the loving god killed them.

Answers of my parents: "we don't know, there's no answers in the publications"...

But no denial of the dinosaurs existence...it's a Start...

• rocketman
    rocketman

The Society, as pointed out by fastJehu's research, has indeed acknowledged the existence of dinosaurs. However, they must realize that their timetable for their existence does not even come close to the accepted conclusion in paleontology that they existed for close to 230 million years and went extinct 65 million years ago.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or “days,” to prepare the earth for human habitation.

Hmmm! It is not like I was a WT reader in the 90s! What the hell does that mean! Wt should just state that they no longer believe the creative six days and be done with it!

I really can not wrap my head around this change. Just a couple of nights,ago I was watching Cosmo and he said the earth was billions of years old. Love this program but I had a hard time with "billions" Although I am an ex-jdub I looked at my sister and stated,"We know creation took six thousand years so how could it be "billions of years old." Maybe that is one thing the WT got right!" She smiled and said, "Are you sure?" I said,"Yes." Lol!

Darn it! I give this organization just one little thing as right and they changed the dam doctrine fourteen years ago! Strange in 1999 I was too busy researches all the other major errors!

Errrrr! I am not laughing yet just smirking a little.

Happy everyone enjoyed the new movie! I was wondering if it was funny like the old version?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My parents would take us to the Museum of Natural History in New York. The dinoasaurs are the biggest exhibit. My brother and I were impressed. If dinoasaurs were a Witness problem, my bro and I would have heard a lecture. Their existence does create problems for the Witness view on evolution. When I was young, I confused dragons and dinoasaurs.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Dragons you fly and dinosaurs you ride! :-)

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Can't somethng die without God being the one to kill it ?

May be these numbers in the Bible are not literal and the term

"a thousand years is as one day" Does NOT mean a thousand years IS one day.

And God's plans and time schedules change according to what we do and think,

that was illustrated in the Book of Jonah. Jonah is told to go to the Nineveh and

tell the people God was going to destroy them all. The people said "what?" and they

re-thought their appalling conduct and God called the whole thing off.

Jesus said there would be no sign but the sign of Jonah, the disgruntled prophet

who called down destruction and it never happened. Hmmm So?

Well, what if we ourselves change our own destiny and the outcome of events

by our behaviour ? And that we shape our own futures by our actions ?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

The WTs idea for dinosaurs is not very creative. Even Kent Hovind can beat them with creatures from Job.

How does the WT explain the DNA map of evolution. Are they going to deny that DNA exists next?

• Heaven
    Heaven

One time I was out for dinner, and one of the people with us was convinced that they never existed.

Sooo... these people are either completely unaware of the fossil record... OR ... they have chosen to discard it for some odd reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit