Are Elders Mandated Reporters or not? (California)

by awakenyr2004 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Courts will decide whether JWs are clergy. We don't have advisory opinions. Other countries do. There must be an actual case or controversy before the court. I wonder if an abused child and/or its parents could sue if the state does not act after notification. I recall reports from Australia where the JW lawyer stated in open court that the Witnesses were not Jehovah's Witnesses. The active Witnesses in the room let out a collective sigh of shock. They were no longer Jehovah's Witnesses. We still don't know what Bethel Legal is advising elders currently. CA is such a populous state. It seems we should know. I wonder if the Witnesses will change the function of elders to meet the confessional exception.

• designs
    designs

I wonder how many JWs decided to walk away after hearing the Wt. lawyer throw them under the bus.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can't even imagine the shock. Earlier generations prob. ended up in prison. My gm was devastated when she could not obtain her JW id card when she was in her eighties and unable to go door to door. I am still not clear who is a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit