death and aging. . . i

by JWdaughter 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mortality sucks. i dont know why this is such a revelatio to me. i a. not confident to blame it o my JW upbringing

i am going to die someday! i am nearly 50 and thst bit of feality has really been flirting with me the last few years. not obsessing but it doesnt feel real somehow-although flying in a plane giving birth and losing weighy seemed impossible at times. death happens and its gonna happen tp o me.

makes me curious. we have expectations about love ,sex, parenting,and .arriage that were pretty divorced from re(lity.

typing on a kindle socks too

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

There has to be more to it than that?

• prologos
    prologos

nh&h : more? live as though there is -not-, and if there is, it will be icing on the cake. that way

you can eat your cake and have it too.

"-do everything with all your might--" for

there might not be more

quoted from the book.

• rnovello
    rnovello

Im afraid this is all there is , the here and now , then its over for good

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

JWDaughter . I have known TTATT for only 2 years 2 months. As a born-in to wake up at age 62 and realize it was all a lying fantasy dreamed up by a bunch of con men for their financial and material and warped personality needs... made me a bit sick. At the time I woke up, I had lots going on and had no time to really dwell, on any of it. My sister died last Fall. We were never supposed to go to school, with Armageddon being just around the corner. Now my only sister is gone, never to be seen again.

Since she died, I appreciate my life so much more. Life has gone on, the world did not stop. Armageddon is just a man made up scare tactic, that apparently is working on 7 million JW's, unfortunately for them.

I am in my garden, and sit and rest on my front porch. I am surrounded by natural beauty. Clipping roses, while overhead Bald Eagle's fly by. At night, the last few nights, the moon and stars and planets, swirled in passing clouds... is breath taking. I am having my life in paradise now, with no KHall's or Elder's telling me what to do and how to do it.

That I and you and everyone in time will die, sucks... BAD. That JW's are in a religious prison that sucks the life out of them and turns them into drones is unfair and cruel.

You and I were not born in third world country's so life is already better for us, than most. If I was born in a 3rd world country, I would most certainly be dead by now.

I get upset, even angry, it is okay, even normal, but I let it go. That I am going to die and have to say the final good bye to my most precious daughter, who is the most loving, kind and beautiful daughter I could ever ask for... breaks my heart.

Reading and writing on JWN helps me a lot. Going to Talk Therapy twice a month helps me a lot too.

Some children die as infants. That is not fair. We are alive. I have all of my body parts and they all work. I am thankful to be alive. That is enough.

LoisLane

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby and I are in our mid-fifties and he is much more terrified of his mortality than I am. I intend to have a full and vital life, squeezing all the juice out of it that I can. My eternity lives in the adoring eyes of my grandchild.

I do blame the Witnesses and I think part of it is believing or being told you will never get old. Maturity and the wrinkles that go with it can be a beautiful thing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/laura_carstensen_older_people_are_happier

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I believe in a sort of pantheistic life after death. Sort of Quamtum Balance. However:

Before you were born ... you weren;t here. You didn't worry about it then

When you die you re not here ... You wont worry then

• Giordano
    Giordano

Everybody dies there are no exceptions. Lazarus got to die twice........ I bet he was totally pissed off the second time around. I always thought that was a strange story to tell during a JW funeral.

I hope I slide away on a morphine drip. In the meantime being 70 and on the short list for everything........ I relish each day.

I love my wife of 50 years. We start every day off with breakfast in bed and conversation. Our early evening discussions (recounting our day...sharing a little gossip) has me sipping a martini............. I can still make my wife laugh....a martini makes me funny as hell.

Our grand kids 4 and 2&1/2 take turns sleeping over once each week. They usually make their way to our bed in the middle of the night. If I wake up I listen to their breathing or maybe it's the little foot that hits me in the back. This is life. I want good health and a happy life for them. They will continue on and I hope they remember me. If not.......... my son will tell them all about Pappy Rick and his mom.

This is our life and it's been a damn good one. Getting out of the JW's in our early 20's was the right thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit