When a JW's life comes close to its end...

by suavojr 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

Good to heat mandette!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I starting studying when I was 22 (1973), sucked in with all the 1975 hype. I was mentally out in 1988 and DA'd in 1989. I'm glad I got out when I did. I knew some nice people back in the day, as far as I know, they're still in, or died in. I wonder how many of them lie awake at night worrying they spent their one time around chasing a pipe dream. It has to be hard, they've now spent 40+ years waiting for some better to come along instead of going out and getting it.

How sad.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

suavojr: For the first 10 or 15 years it was tough to pretend all of the time. In the last ten years I have told my wife I no longer beleive, and some other close family members. They understand to a degree. My wife tolerates my very meager meeting attendence it is just enough to not arouse interest. I only go in the car with my wife when they go in service. I never get out of the car except for coffee breaks LOL. No one has questioned me and frankly they know better. I wish you all of the best. I am reluctant to post too much here that will identify me. If you would like to know more just ask privately. I will do all I can to be of assistance to anyone.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Life is not a dress rehearsal for something, it is all we have. In this situation, there is nothing you can do other than provide comfort.

• Zoos
    Zoos

“I think humans will eventually go extinct if Jehovah does not do anything”

Expectation postponed is making the heart sick...

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

That's so sad. It's gotten to the point where I see similar things in my aging parents, I just can't bring myself to try to reason with them as it would destroy all they've worked their whole life for. As far as they know, I'm still in the 'truth', and they're proud of me for that. I can't bring myself to destroy that pride. No one wins. For me, it's worth pretending. They've sacrificed a lot for me over the years, it's the least I can do to reciprocate. Oh, and NEW HOPE AND HAPPINESS, you must've been a bit scared in the first 8 minutes of the match.... You were lucky man!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If they lived through and stayed after '75, I have no sympathy for them. They decided to keep following that flavor of false prophet, so they get their just reward.

• suavojr
  • suavojr
    suavojr

LostGeneration said:

If they lived through and stayed after '75, I have no sympathy for them. They decided to keep following that flavor of false prophet, so they get their just reward.

It might be true to an extent but many stuck around because they had nothing else. In my OP I am talking about a young man who was isolated in a communist country and did not have access to all the information needed. Not every case is the same.

• kaik
    kaik

I seen this happened in my family, but thanks that my parents accepted their biological ending as something normal. They do not more expecting Armageddon to save them from age and death. However, my JW aunt to the last weeks of her was sure that she will never die. She slept in armchair so she would not pass and could see the Armageddon. When she was dying she insisted that she will be resurrected shortly. That witch is gone for 14 years, her elder sons are now pushing 50 or more, they still have everyting arranged in the house for case the mom will be just back. They are puzzled that they are decade away from retirement, they were told that they will never age and die, and are completely umprepared for the old age. Worst are JW who did not marry or did not had children and now are old and forgotten and nobody give a c.ap about their lonely existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit