Broad and Spacious Road to Destruction, or Narrow Gate to Life??

by stuckinarut2 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cha ching
    cha ching

Exactly Magnum! This is what you hear:

I can imagine JWs saying "but Lord, didn't we go to all the meetings and highlight some words in our Watchtowers and pioneer and donate money and clean the hall and bow to the GB.......?" (add: Build KH's) And then he says to them "get away from you blind, ignorant idolaters. And they will be shocked. I'd love to see it.

But realllllllly..... isn't it true? by their fruits we know people???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is what I ponder.

Why the hell would Jeehoober or Jesus [ are they the same Deity?? Who the hell knows?!?!] make a book that no one can properly interpret, and that anyone can corrupt [including ALL the really important answers, like the pronunciation of the divine name] , but then judge a lowly human like myself to be deserving of eternal death because I don't know what the hell I am doing?!?!? Am I to be eternally judged because I can't understand an ancient text that multiple generations have also failed to understand fully because it's so open to interpretation?? Is that justice?!?!

So I have to live my life in fear of accidentally leaving the narrow road?!? How do stay on it? Do I guess? Do I just do what some corporation tells me? Do I do my own thing? Do I just not worry about it? What if by not worrying I have left the road?!? Maybe worrying your whole life is the key?!?! Where the hell are the clear road signs for this narrow path???

DD

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@DATA-DOG Your assumption is that god and jesus made a book in the first place. The idea is that an almighty entity with infinite power needs a group of overgrown sea-monkeys to pay attention to him because... because... well, we're not sure why.

So here are the two choices: (1) god couldn't write a book himself, so he got man to do it and assign authorship to god, OR (2) man created a book and to give it credence assigned authorship to a god.

In either case "perfection" is left out of the equation when an almighty and powerful perfect "good" being needs to express expansive wisdom via an imperfect (and sometime senile) conduit shackled by the common views of humanity at that time. This doesn't seem like a very efficient process proven (in this case) by the Jehovah's Witnesses who cannot go more than 30 years before changing the wording of the bible.

By this rate, just imagine what their translation is going to read like in the next millennium!

This either/or concept goes from that, to Alcholoics Anonymous, to the Freemasons, the United States Army, and beyond. "Many will try, few will succeed" is the motto that is echoed here. It gives those going off the beaten path a reason to feel special when they are actually not.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"So we all know of the parable / illustration at Matt 7:13

"go in through the narrow gate, because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones finding it, or going in through it"

Here is a brain snapping thought that hit me!:

The broad / spacious road is in fact the WT society (well, they love boasting about their rapidly increasing numbers dont they!?)

The narrow gate to life is those not willing to just be drawn along with the crowd of WT followers!

Ponder that......"

Yes indeed stuckinarut2 A JW I know has a reoccuring dream with this very thing.

According to John, Jesus is the way and also He is the door to the narrow way.

He says "come to me" but JWs go to the WT.

John 5:39-41

English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Ask Him to let you in and lead you along the way :)

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Sorry, didn't see you post Faithful Witness!

Stephen

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Your assumption is that god and jesus made a book in the first place. "

I just said that for the sake of argument and to illustrate how wacky it all is. To me, the idea that an all-knowing and all-loving Creator is going to kill me for not being on the "right path" is absurd. As you said, either Jeehoober can't write himself, or humans made it all up. Also, JWism is even more absurd. They say that when the BIG A comes, we don't know who get's the axe! Mass-murderers of History, well...we can't judge, maybe they had a mental condition. So you can be terrible and get a resurrection! Just don't stop your dub-think and dub-yapping or you're bird food. Oh yeah, contribute money. LOL!!

They can't judge, but they do! Refuse to follow Jwism and you have no scriptural hope of survival.

DD

• designs
    designs

It is amazing how Jesus teaching here contradict's Judaism's concept of- y'all get paradise life.

Was this Jesus guy even Jewish?

• designs
    designs

Does John 5:39+ represent another in a long line of duplicitous statetments Jesus makes in his ministry against the religion he also claims as god to have founded..

Try and square John 5 with Deut. 30:19+.

• Mikado
    Mikado

it's just a story, from an ancient book of stories, I feel somewhat baffled by why people who have been lucky enough to escape from it, feel the need to go back to find meaning in it and to attempt to decode it.

its all just stories guys. just be nice to each other that's all you need to do.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is a narrow path necessarily the right one? What if it is a dead end?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit