Animal sacrifices! This weeks bible reading

by stuckinarut2 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Of what relevance is a written biblical record about how animals were killed, dissected, burned, etc?

Why splash blood on the ears of a priest etc?

why oh why does the god of exodus like having animals killed, just so he can have some smoke smell rise to heaven?

and why do we have to waste time reading about such stuff now?

Well, our brother doing the bible highlights (exodus 27-29) made this tenuous link to modern day: " we should just do whatever we are asked to do no matter how strange it may seem. So when gods organisation asks us to do something that seems odd, just do it and you will be blessed "

I can't believe just how dumb these people are, and how dumb I was until I woke up!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WT 15 Nov 2013 - "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Like you say. Tenuous link. Is it a blessing to die by Koolaid? The only ones benefitting with this crazy cult are the ones in control who are power and money mad. Sadly, the R&F are giving these paedophile protecting scum money and power.

The obedience to the Governing Body disgusts and sickens me. From my own experience it seems to me that the R&F don't even know who the GB are let alone that they're being brainwashed or mind cleansed as they put it once.

"Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24). 24 In these closing days of wickedness Jehovah’s people must demonstrate holiness. They must not foul their minds with the filthy mental food on the propaganda tables of this old world, but must feed on the feast of fat things Jehovah provides. (Isa. 25:6; 28:8.) Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

But you succeeded in overcoming this weeks bible reading, what a luck.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

BTW as my TWOY-bible analyzer explains ;-)

animal sacrifices were like all sacrifices in all religions a human approach to God,

an cultic attempt to reconcile an angry god.

Thus the christian religion was the total turnaround of all jewish tradition,

God was trough Jesus the one who moved away all sacrificies

this divine word meant: I am merciful but not merely merciful, as I would be to a get-lost son,

i love you and I advocate for you until the bitter end.

(But way were sacrificies then in the Thora, in the divine law at all? hmmm)

Greetings
    TWOY

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

typical. No reference to how the other religions pre-Bible used animal sacrifice and this was likely a carry-over from them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is obvious that joke-hova places zero value on your happiness. That thing views your life as something to harvest, and has zero appreciation for animal welfare. Yet, that thing somehow thinks eating animals is something humans should be guilty for doing--after requiring sacrifice. It is as often xian groups that insist that vegan lifestyles are needed.

At the same time, that thing insists on obeying it at all costs, to ensure that we are enslaved to it. We cannot question why something is for our good--that thing will happily destroy a people, or an individual, simply because they will not obey--and then claim that obedience is "life saving". Most of the rules are designed to reduce the value of life. Everything is highly regulated. You own nothing, not even your own body. Instead, everything belongs to the "body" that is owned by the christ. You are reduced to a member of the "body of Christ", and thus are required to obey joke-hova. This is identical to communism, which is what Christi-SCAM-ity itself is based on.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When those people helped Aaron to build a golden calf, they did what they were told, I mean Aaron was the highpriest picked by god himself. So to if we just do what were told like them we will be blessed.

• cofty
    cofty

The basic principle is that god is angry with the sins of the people.

He ought to kill them for their sins.

The animal stands in as a substitute - a vicarious sacrifice. The blood of teh animal represents its life.

God's wrath is appeased or propitiated by the sight of the blood on the altar.

The whole idea of Jesus' death as a ransom is exactly this.

Horrible old pagan notion isn't it?

• cofty
  • Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

" we should just do whatever we are asked to do no matter how strange it may seem. So when gods organisation asks us to do something that seems odd, just do it and you will be blessed "

Just drink the kool aide until the GB tells you to kill "apostates" Hmmmmm sounds very jehovah witnessy

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit