"Organized Religion" as per WBTS - Awake! July 2014

by bats in the belfry 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Allow me to use their own cited scripture to destroy their argument for an organization. As usual the WT engages in their practice of selectively citing verses and ignoring the context.

1Cor 1:10-I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, [ a ] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Sounds good. But why did paul have to make this appeal? Read on.

11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas [ b ] ”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

funny how they leave this out. This clearly shows that Paul was condeming organized sectarianism, which is what JW's actively promote. We say we belong to the JW organization instead of Christ. Even our baptism vows state this. Paul here was very clearly warning agaisnt the promotion of organized religion which divides the body of christ. It is unscriptural to insist that your sect is the only way to salvation.

• Laika
    Laika

The Watchtower leadership allow Jehovah very little capacity for forgiveness, lots of things you must do which Jehovah cannot let slide. Well, when it suits them of course, when it comes to the mistakes the WT leaders make, well, that is forgiven, we're all imperfect after all!

• johnamos
    johnamos

8-15-04 WT- Christian meetings provide an excellent opportunity for us to comfort and encourage one another. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) This loving interaction is not limited to congregation meetings. Rather, God’s people also look for opportunities to engage in wholesome association in casual settings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit