Where Can I Find a Map Of a Congregation's Territory?

by Space Madness 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Is there anywhere I can find a map of each congregations territory. Preferably congregations in cities such as New York, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. Since the elder's manual and confidential letters are online I figure this has to exist somewhere as well.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

those are done on a local level so i doubt they are online anywhere.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

In my hall there is a framed map of the territory on the wall.

The map servant should have one, or service overseer. Either one would be able to tell you where territory begins and ends.

Failing that, just keep asking for personal territory maps and copy them before returning. (Just kidding on that last one).

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

My old hall has maps of the territory of each congregation there, in the rooms of the back of the hall, but the one I go to now doesn't have any. The only ones who probably have access to that information are those in the upper ranks, elders, CO's and such.

• AnneB
    AnneB

The territory maps are carved from a map done by the County Engineer's Office if you are in the USA. They issue the map, it's up to you to draw in the territories.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

These are done at a local level and are always changing depending on congregations growing or decreasing.

• KateWild
    KateWild

There are 100 congregations in Washington DC alone. To get maps for each of the congs would be a feat. Why are you interested in this Space Madness?

Take care Kate xx

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

I want to know the name of the congregation that's assigned to my neighborhood.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Call WTBTS and ask! If you don't want to give your address, give one on the same block, same side of the street in case you are near a boundary.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Space Madness,

I see. Well you can find that info on JW.org. Go to "about us" and then "meetings".

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/meetings/

Then you can put in your neighbourhood.

You might find going to a small, foriegn lang cong might be nice, big congs tend to have cliques. If you really want to go back try out a few different congs in your neighbourhood before you settle for one, also when you go back, mix with others in the whole circuit, don't just stick to the brothers in your cong. I understand your reasons and I hope you find happiness in your pursuits.

Take care Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit