If only there were another GB member like Ray Franz

by tornapart 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Depends on how you define close. Ray moved to a town between Atlanta and Gadsen. But Ray stayed much in the same area till he died. People from Gadsen visited often. He started out in Gadsen but moved but not too far. The fact that Peter Gregerson was an elder of long standing in Gadsen and the one that reached out to help him and Cynthia had a great effect on that area as well. I have talked with and spent time with Peter and his wife, hearing his experience directly from the two of them. How amazed I was to find two people who came to similar realizations, really far away from each other.

http://brci.org/resources/articles/God's%20Only%20Organization.pdf

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184595/1/New-Peter-Gregerson-Story#.U252ELlOVLM

I am surprised how many jws "saw the light" by reading the bible without jumping from one verse to another, but reading in context. I was amazed at what was clearly said in the bible without needing an outside explainer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KateWild - "I know it seems far fetched, but I can't see the GB being so dumb as to teach critical thinking skills and then write nulite in such a convoluted manner that give people doubts."

It's not that farfetched...

...if you consider that the GB might want to pare the R&F down to a more manageable size by getting rid of any remaining intellectuals and outside-the-box thinkers, leaving only hard-core loyalists who don't use critical thinking skills.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe millions of current and former followers of the Watchtower have seen what Ray saw when letting the scriptures speak for themselves.

• blondie
    blondie

...if you consider that the GB might want to pare the R&F down to a more manageable size by getting rid of any remaining intellectuals and outside-the-box thinkers, leaving only hard-core loyalists who don't use critical thinking skills.

I do believe that is what Jim Jones did by the time he went to Guyana (as well as some people who loved them and thought they could protect them). By the time "cults" get to this stage, they start weeding out those who are gung-ho, even blackmailing them with family ties.

• DJS
    DJS

Quendi,

Ditto. And it is extremely likely that they monitor everyone's every move, word and body language for Rayisms. These men aren't so much as true believers as they are delusional paranoids. The only true belief they have is in their own narcissism.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Blondie, was it Anniston? I lived in that area for a short time, actually in 1980-81.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit