Violating criminal laws by failing to report.

by kpax 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kpax
    kpax

If I am not mistaking, I have seen on SilentLambs that there are about 23,000 known child molesters on file with the Watchtower Society. For every known case there has to be a responsible elder, if not being responsible for muliple cases, who reported the molester to the headquarters. Keep in mind that 23,000 are only KNOWN cases with the headquarters! There must be far more elders who have not or not yet reported an uncovered molester. Not to forget that there most likely are a significant amount of molesters who are still not uncovered and that there are a lot of children being molested right now!
    By not reporting a child molester to the proper authoraties is violating criminal laws!!
    Being an elder and fail to report any kind of molestation of a child is almost the same thing!

By analyzing this you can see that there is no real difirence between the cathlic church and the WTS. For that matter, a lot of Christian Religions are like that!

Take your kid out of there before it's too late. Chances are too high and the stakes are not worth it!

Kpax

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

KPAX,

You said,

By not reporting a child molester to the proper authoraties is violating criminal laws!!
    Unfortunately, this is NOT true in many states as of yet. We pray for the day when it is mandatory to report.

You also said,

Take your kid out of there before it's too late. Chances are too high and the stakes are not worth it!
    Fortunately this is NOT true. Unfortunately, kids are still in more danger at home from a molestor than from any other location. The problem within the Churches, be they Catholic, Jehovah's Witness, or Baptist is bad but there are professions with worse records. Pediatricians, by profession, have a higher rate of Pedophilia than do men of the Cloth.

There is no excuse for the problem in either Catholic or Jehovah's Witness congregations, but there are differences, mostly in how the Catholics are now addressing the issue as opposed to JWs.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

It is true the elders prohibited us from going to the authorities when my little sister was abuse, molested & raped by her father. He only got disfellowshiped. Now there are police investigations that he molested a 13 year old where he is now residing. How many children have fallen victim to him? I know at least 3. Now think of the 23,00 molesters & multiply it by the number of victims. I hope that my sister has the courage to speak out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit