This week's Bible reading

by JustVisting 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

This week's reading included Exodus 25:2 where Moses was to collect contibutions from those whose heart incites him to. I commented on this verse and quoted from the Watchtower 1879 where it says, "we will not beg or solicite funds...when Jehovah fails to provide the necessary funds it will be time to suspend publication." Mind you, this was the same meeting where the letter was read about the new donation "arrangement" was read.

Comments anyone?

• ateograciasadios
    ateograciasadios

Awesome!!!

That's the beauty of having good sources and inside information. I'm sure you left people thinking, or at least provoked a very unconfortable time for your elders!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

"we will not beg or solicite funds...when Jehovah fails to provide the necessary funds it will be time to suspend publication."

It's way past time to suspend publication then surely? They have been begging for money for years. I heard this quotation for thirty years and still they asked for money.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

There's a good quote from the insight book about this too. Could be good to use. . . .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great comment to make. I wonder if it will have an affect on how much people determine to donate to the new arrangement.

• Stirred
    Stirred

I heard this at the beginning of meeting, then the Bible comments....and I made a comment about we are not to solicit donations, etc....then the Bible reading covered it again....then onto the Local Needs part and guess what? No more mortgage but we will have to continue the same payment ongoing to go toward KH building fund worldwide. Perhaps they were not getting enough donations for that purpose?

They even quoted Russell on that part...."we will not beg..."

This was suggested as a "great equalizing work" to balance richer countries with poorer ones that have much bulding work needs and less money to do it with.

Peace

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are going to need to do more to incite me to want to donate than reading this stupid damnation letter. And that means more than trying to force me to donate toward this worthless cause. My motto is, if there is money to donate toward damnation for the whole human race, there is money for me to buy more silver (and, if we run out of silver, I switch to gold).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit