Who negotiates a lower price when buying a new vehicle?

by hoser 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I don't. Whatever the sticker says on the side of the window is the price I pay.

• cofty
    cofty

Buying a car is a game - the salesman versus the customer.

He is good at it because he does it all day so get somebody who knows the rules of the game to help you if necessary.

Make a reasonable offer and be prepared to walk away. Never pay the asking price. If you are talking about a new vehicle with no trade-in then at least negotiate some extras.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well in that case Hoser, i hope you get a good trade in price on your old vehicle.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why buy a new car when you can drive away in a pre-owned circuit overseer theocratic automobile at a reasonable price ?

http://www.circuitvehicles.com/home/

just saying...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

when buying a new car you can easily pay whats called the "invoice" This what the dealer actually pays for the car and they hope to make profit from the customer through finance, service, return business and refurals. Most dealers make money from the manufacturer on how many new cars they sell, the more they sell the more the dealer pays them in reduced costs to the dealer for future cars etc.

• hoser
    hoser

I find there is more value in negotiating a good fiance rate than negatiating the price of the car.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Whatever the sticker says on the side of the window is the price I pay.

I'd say that's a good thing.

You see, the Dealer has to make a profit somewhere in order to stay in business.

If he makes a killing on you, he can let me have a good deal as I head for the door.

Doc

• JeffT
    JeffT

Crazyguy, what's on the inovice is NOT what the dealer pays for the car. There are all sorts of back room deals that don't show up on the invoice. Accounting for a car dealership is a real zoo.

• Listener
    Listener

You will be even better off financially if you save up for the car before you buy it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I always negotiate. It is expected, and worked intothe price of the vehicle.

Like clothing "sales" the inflated "sticker price" is there so the sale price looks like a good deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit