Do You Believe That Jehovah's Witnesses Should Be Outlawed As They Are In Some Countries?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

all sound comments

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Outlawed - No. However this group as well as many others should lose their tax exempt status.

• kaik
    kaik

No, they should not be outlawed. I believe in religious freedom, and WT and JW are not the only crazy cult. Many religious groups are messed up and some of them are even violent. It will be hard to single them out in democracy. Plus it will create additional problems as they will go into illegality. Czech President Zeman said that putting JW into illegality would make them even less transparent and top of it it will give them a sense of martyrdom. However, it is a crucial to educate public on danger of the cults and prosecute violaters of the laws like rapists, childer abusers, and child abandonment and neglect, and abuse o the welfare system.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I dont think they should be outlawed, but there absolutely should be reporting and fin@ncial details made public. not just for jw bit all religions. i have seen many crimes take place where a church/religion was used to cover/commit the crime. and the religion leaders and higher rankkng members were the criminals.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

banning a religion that is weird is a slippery slope....the big picture impact would be concerning. however, being held responcible for fraudulent and/or injurous actions and could been sued over it...possibly even class action....that may help with transparen,y in the future. there are other actions even more powerful than banning.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If the Warchtower Society was outlawed, its members soon would be sucked into some other high-control group. It would be better to innoculate them with understanding and critical thinking skills, so they learn to be nobody's fool.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think they should be outlawed par se. However, certain 'doctrinal issues' such as 'blood transfusions' and the protection of paedophiles should be outlawed. For non compliance the Governing body should face the death penalty for crimes against humanity.

That goes for other nutty cults too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit