JWs under scrutiny in Finland

by Mickey mouse 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is how to actually fight the watchtower.

The only way to successfully fight the Watchtower has proven to be the threat of getting into their pocketbook.

It's all about the money.

Doc

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Mickeymouse- Are you from Finland?

• stuckinamovement
  • MaxTan
    MaxTan

That Helsinki Times link posted by stuckinamovement is a translation of the first page of a "long read" type feature article published this weekend in the monthly supplement of the main finnish newspaper, Helsigin Sanomat. Here is a link to the full article, in finnish:

http://www.hs.fi/kuukausiliite/Jehova+rankaisee+omiaan/a1398998349032

As i said it's in finnish but you could use Google Translate to get the gist of it. It was prominently featured in the weekend as the main article on their website, www.hs.fi. It's an interesting article, it contains enough factual background information about the 1914 fiasco, Russell, Rutherford, JW's lying about shunning in public whilst encouraging it, judicial committees, etc to keep it interesting but not to bore readers with unnecessary details. And it mentions by address all the main Finnish language apostate websites. It is the same, if The New York Times Magazine mentioned www.jehovahs-witness.net and jwfacts.com in an article.

I brought this article up with some friends as soon as it came up, the feeling is that nobody really cares. They just shrug it off as apostate propaganda.

Another possibly negative thing is that the Minister of Interior Affairs ("Home Secretary") and the Justice Minister both made comments that if somebody feels they have been wronged by JWs they should make a report to the Police so that the authorities could investigate the matter properly. The interior minister belongs to the Christian Democratic Party. I can already hear JW's crying "religious persecution"... anyway, here are links to what they said:

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/Oikeusministeri+Jehovan+todistajista+erotetun+kannattaa+tehd%C3%A4+rikosilmoitus/a1399082508846

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/P%C3%A4ivi+R%C3%A4s%C3%A4nen+Uskonnollisesta+yhteis%C3%B6st%C3%A4+eroavaa+ei+saa+rangaista/a1399084272593

I don't know how to make direct links to google translations, maybe somebody else can do that.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The JW's are so judgemental and merctiless in demanding that if one was to be reinstated, they need to come back, sit in the back row and be exposed to all the ignoring and lack of dignity treatment until three guys says, "OK. that's enough". This goes on even when the DF/DA ones are considered to have a respectable life in the community. This practice of Abuse and bullying has to stop.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Oh my... "

However persons who attempt suicide are not referred to the committee. According to the teachings of the church attempted suicide is adequate expression of regret and does not require intervention by the judicial committee.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fernando - "...At the same time, it hypocritically goes to great lengths to secure these same rights for its religious hierarchy or clergy class."

Using significant elements of "Satan's World" to secure those rights, no less.

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

it is good to see there is a Western government with the cajones to challenge shunning as a breach of human rights notwithstanding the spectre of 'freedom of religion' claims

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit