For those of us who still attend

by jonahstourguide 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I wanted to repost this, I inadvertently posted it in Members but all need to see it I think.

Bible highlights this week

Exodus 25:2. "Tell the people of Israel to take up a CONTRIBUTION for me; from every person

WHOSE HEART MOVES HIM, you are to take up my contributions".

Comment; " this is in fact what sets us apart from religions of christendom, we do not solicit,

pledge or tithe contributions, contributions are made free of any duress, truly a remarkable provision".

Stand back and wait for the invitation to the second school after the meeting,,,,, I'll be there, bet your

left knacker on it. What's gotta be said is gotta be said,,,, there needs to be a voice in the wilderness.

jtg

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nice comment to make 25 minutes before the "fleecing" letter is read out in the Local Needs item next week!

I'll use it along with Deuteronomy 23:21,22. Should be interesting!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

When is this letter being read? Midweek this week?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thanks for the reminder on Deut. Searcher.

The letter will be read this week starting May 5 service meeting

part "local needs" Faithful Witness.

jtg

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Keep us all posted! Kudos for your voices in the wilderness!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If that ain't a good example of calling the pot calling the kettle black.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'm really conflicted on this. I'm pretty sure that I can get the wife to skip this week (which is often difficult) and the more meetings skipped the better. On the other hand, I really want to go and make a comment about how loving it is that the org doesn't take pledges and how that stands in such stark contrast to greedy christendom.

Another good scripture you might be able to tie in is Matt 5:33,34.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Oh my. This is a really good opportunity to answer and stir up some cog Diss! I'm going to try. They can't chafe at quoting our own literature can they?! I'm sure if I could be arsed to do the Bible reading every week I could find some of these things myself, but I can't, so thanks for posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit