UK Service report - February 2002

by dmouse 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

This is over a 1000 down over last month, which mirrors other years.

Nothing much to report in this month's Kingdom Ministry, just the usual crap of Study more, preach more and attend all the meetings; oh, and give us more money.

dmouse

Judge me by my size do you? - Yoda

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Not sure whether this warranted a new topic, so I'll post it here... I noticed that in the 2001 Yearbook, the number of memorial partakers was 8,661. In 2002 it goes up to 8,730.

I accept that maybe some couldn't attend due to ill health or whatever other circumstance in 2001, but that's an increase of 69. This might seem liek a bit of a stretch, but would it be possible that the Org may "inflate" this number to buy themselves more time?

Since most of the remaining annointed must be pretty old now, by accepting younger witnesses, the WT could then argue in the future that as long as some annointed are still left on earth, Armaggedon can't occur.

Furthermore, considering they do have a history of "fiddling the numbers", how easy would it be to locate and verify whether some annointed actually exist, as no names are provided, just a number?

Sorry if this seems mildly incoherent in places, it is late, lol!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FatalError:
    No, their 1935 thing is screwed - there are lots of "young anointed" starting to come out of the woodwork.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

bless you jehovah's witnesses bless you bless you bless you!!!!!!!

JW's aren't taking the WATHCTOWER CRAP ANYMORE!!!!

GO JW'S GO!!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Watchtower has been known not to count partakers in an effort to get the numbers down. The excuses I'm hearing at the Kingdumb Hall EVERY SINGLE MEETING friggin' almost is that

The number of ACTUAL partakers is only 4500.

What, we have 4000 fake partakers? What's a 'fake' partaker? What's a 'real' partaker?

You gotta figure, if the number goes UP no matter how few they count, there must really be 10,000 plus partakers.

a*sholes...

Go JW's Go GO GO!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• cornish
    cornish

I remember hearing a talk about how when Joshua and his men marched around Jerico,on the last day they marched around seven times illustrating how there would be an intensifying of the preaching right at the end.

I know that Feb is the shortest month but those averages are so down to when I left in 1996,the average publisher hours were then about 10 or 11,the average pioneer hours were around 90 and auxilery pioneer hours 60,have they reduced the Aux/pioneer requirement I wonder?

Anyway it seems by these figures that apathy is well and truly begining to set in.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, hourly requirements have been reduced, cornish.

50 hours auxiliary pioneers
    70 hours regular pioneers

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

It has been nearly seven years since I left the UK. I have a couple of KMs from 1995 and one includes the Feb service report for that year. During my absence things have really declined. Comparing Februaries:

Spl Pios down 7
    Pios down 300
    Aux Pios down 716
    Pubs down 817
    Total down 1840

Hours are down across the board and Bible Studies don’t seem to be conducted anymore. Only one in five publishers count a monthly Bible Study and that includes family studies.

What I notice though is a dramatic increase in magazine placements (average up from 7.8 to 12.1). Is this all that field service consists of, giving away free magazines? Has the reprinted issue on terrorism affected the totals?

Despite being a short month there are still 4 weekends in February and this is CA season. So why only 123 baptized? That number represents about 0.5 persons per congregation attending a CA or special assembly day that month. Aren’t kids getting baptized anymore?

Thirdson

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What I notice though is a dramatic increase in magazine placements (average up from 7.8 to 12.1). Is this all that field service consists of, giving away free magazines? Has the reprinted issue on terrorism affected the totals?

Interesting points from Thirdson. Anyone have the figs for February and perhaps January?

A dramatic downturn in any business corporation of this order would have some high-level concerns. I wonder what Crooklyn makes of it?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• ballistic
    ballistic

Total down 1840 since 1995? That's 2 circuits worth.

And the current figures include all the people who can only scrape together 15 minutes to book. Those 1995 figures didn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit