Why did God/Jehovah/Jesus create Viruses and bacteria that can kill humans and animals?

by Jon Preston 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Hi objectivetruth. It’s a deep subject this. I’m not sure I want to get deep into it with you on this thread as my reply above is aimed at an atheist who accepts evolution as true. I try to avoid debates on two fronts these days. I would love to chat about all these things with you some time though, perhaps on skype. Hope you don’t mind. I do agree with you about the existence of harmful spirits though. At least we are both theists. (0:

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is an instance where Jehovah purposefully used a disease (bacteria or virus):

Exodus 9:1-5

Consequently Jehovah said to Moses: "Go in to Phar´aoh and you must state to him, ‘This is what Jehovah the God of the Hebrews has said: "Send my people away that they may serve me. 2  But if you continue refusing to send them away and you are still keeping hold of them, 3  look! Jehovah’s hand is coming upon your livestock that is in the field. On the horses, the asses, the camels, the herd and the flock there will be a very heavy pestilence. 4  And Jehovah will certainly make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt, and not a thing of all that belongs to the sons of Israel will die."’" 5  Moreover, Jehovah set an appointed time, saying: "Tomorrow Jehovah will do this thing in the land."

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is a direct answer to the reason why disease exists:

Leviticus 26:23-25

"‘Nevertheless, if with these things YOU do not let yourselves be corrected by me and YOU just have to walk in opposition to me, 24  I, yes, I, shall then have to walk in opposition to YOU; and I, even I, shall have to strike YOU seven times for YOUR sins. 25  And I shall certainly bring upon YOU a sword wreaking vengeance for the covenant; and YOU will indeed gather yourselves into YOUR cities, and I shall certainly send pestilence into the midst of YOU,

abe

• Comatose
    Comatose

When you start quoting books that are even wackier than the actual bible thats when the discussion is in danger of dying.

I can't argue with someone over what some charlatan wrote in a fake bible book that isn't good enough to make it into the original tales. All I can say is that if you believe the bible is inspired of god, then I don't see how you can also believe those other books.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

When you start quoting books that are even wackier than the actual bible thats when the discussion is in danger of dying.

It is the actual bible!

The discussion is only in danger of dying because the unbelievers won't like the answer to the question they asked.

abe

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

This entire thread, apart from one or two, notable exceptions is an astonishing parade of ignorance.

There are more bacteria alive in your mouth right now than there are humans that have ever lived on earth. Most are benign and have no effect on human health. Humans are simply a great place to live if you are a bacterium. But other bacteria are essential for human life. And still other bacterium are responsible for causing some of the worst diseases to plague humans.

Viruses are almost universally deleterious to human health. They are crude parasites that replicate themselves by hijacking cellular machinery, destroying the cell in the process. Viruses kill millions of people every year.

The evolutionary history of bacteria and viruses is thousands of times longer than humans. Viruses and bacteria predate god by the same margin. God didn't come into existence until ignorant humans invented him/she/them, some three and half billion years after bacteria evolved.

You can make allowances for the ignorance of our unenlightened ancestors but there is no excuse for now.

• cofty
    cofty

^^^^ This ^^^^

Why don't believers care more about interesting stuff like how an ancient bacterium and an archaea got it together to mkae the first eukaryotic cell?

• tiki
    tiki

listen to cofty - he's on the right track.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Seraphim - I don't agree that God "Made" Darkness,Evil or Death.

You should try knowing the Bible. Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The discussion is only in danger of dying because the unbelievers won't like the answer to the question they asked.

Not quite, we reject the unsubstantiated, incorrect, untestable and contradictory myths and woo presented as if they were answers.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

So....no theists answered why god created viruses then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit