Helpful Scriptural References - importance of Trust in God not Man

by objectivetruth 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Psalms 118:8 - It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to trust in humans. The Scriptures are clear that Jesus is the Truth - The Way - The Life : John 4:6 - Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the Truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1 Timothy 2:4 - Whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. (John 4:6 Jesus is the Truth)
    John 1:4,5 - What has come into existence by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light is shining in the darkness, but the darkness has not overpowered it. John 10:9 - I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage.
    John 11:25 - Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life.
    Ephesians 2:18 - because through him we, both peoples, have free access to the Father by one spirit.
    Hebrews 10:20 - which he opened up for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh.
    Acts 4:12 - 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.
    Acts 10:43 - 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
    2 Peter 1:8 - For if these things exist in you and overflow, they will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2 Peter 1:9-11 - For anyone lacking these things is blind, shutting his eyes to the light, and has become forgetful of his cleansing from his sins of long ago.10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and choosing sure for yourselves, for if you keep on doing these things, you will by no means ever fail. 11 In fact, in this way you will be richly granted entrance into the everlasting Kingdom.
    2 Timothy 3:5 - having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. (Another Translation - They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!)
    • Acts 1:8 -
      But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you,and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Jude′a and Samar′i·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.
    • (This spirit is strong enough to Expel Demons!) Matthew 12:28 But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you.
    • Romans 8:11 - If, now, the spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.
    • Luke 24:49 - And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.

Hebrews 13:21 - equip you with every good thing to do his will, working in us through Jesus Christ what is well-pleasing in his sight, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
    2 Timothy 3:16,17 - All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. (Fully,Completely,Every, No Exceptions & Nothing Additional is needed.)
    Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the good news it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
    1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn infants,form a longing for the unadulterated milk of the word, so that by means of it you may grow to salvation. - Compare to :Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.27 - Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do. Which Statement is Correct?
    • Newborn Infants eat 12 Times Per Day (4 Times more than an Adult!)
    • Unadulterated means : not mixed or diluted with any different or extra elements; complete and absolute.
    • By Means of it. = Because of it.

The scriptures are clear that we should not blindly trust anyone, and we should be cautious at all times. (Matthew 10:16) 1 Thessalonians 5:21 - 21 Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.
    1 John 4:1 - Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Galatians 1:8 - However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. What is this Good News? The Good News is that Jesus came to Earth to Die, for Every Man - The Below Scriptures show this.
    • For all (1st Timothy 2:6; Isaiah 53:6)
    • For every man (Heb. 2:9)
    • For the world (John 3:16)
    • For the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2)
    • For the ungodly (Rom. 5:6)
    • For false teachers (2 Peter 2:1)
    • For many (Matthew 20:28)
    • For Israel (John 11:50-51)
    • For the Church (Eph. 5:25)
    • For "me" (Gal. 2:20)

Galatians 1:10 - Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still pleasing men, I would not be Christ’s slave.
    Jeremiah 23:16 - This is what Jehovah of armies says: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you. They are deluding you. The vision they speak is from their own heart, Not from the mouth of Jehovah.
    Jeremiah 23:33 - “And when this people or a prophet or a priest asks you, ‘What is the burden of Jehovah?’ you should reply to them, ‘“You people are the burden! And I will cast you off.
    Proverbs 30:12 - 12 There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes But has not been cleansed from its filth.
    2 Corinthians 11:13-15 - 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.
    Prophets & False Prophets - What is a "Prophet"? / προφήτης / prophetes The English word prophet comes from the Greek word προφήτης (profétés) meaning advocate. verb (used with object), ad·vo·cat·ed, ad·vo·cat·ing. 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument;recommend publicly. Cognate: 4396 prophḗtēs (from 4253 /pró, "beforehand" and 5346 /phēmí, "elevating/asserting one idea over another, especially through the spoken-word") – properly, one who speaks forth by the inspiration of God; a prophet.See 4394 (prophēteia). A prophet (4396 /prophḗtēs) declares the mind (message) of God, which sometimes predicts the future (foretelling) – and more commonly, speaks forth His message for a particular situation. 4396 /prophḗtēs ("a prophet") then is someone inspired by God to foretell or tell-forth (forthtell) the Word of God.
    Jesus Warned us to Expect False Prophets - Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.
    Mark 13:22 - 22 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones.
    Jehovah & Jesus, show us how to Identify False Prophets - Deuteronomy 18:20-22 - “If any prophet presumptuously speaks a word in my name that I did not command him to speak or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 However, you may say in your heart: “How will we know that Jehovah has not spoken the word?” 22 When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.
    Jeremiah 23:6,7 - 16 This is what Jehovah of armies says: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you. They are deluding you. The vision they speak is from their own heart, Not from the mouth of Jehovah. 17 They are saying again and again to those who disrespect me, ‘Jehovah has said: “You will enjoy peace.”’ And to everyone who follows his own stubborn heart they say, ‘No calamity will come upon you.’
    Matthew 7:15 - Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit.
    Jehovah & Jesus have Given Powerful Signs to Every Organization, that has ever existed. - The Scriptures do not Forbid, us to expect a Sign, to prove What God's Will is. Moses asked for 1 Sign to Prove to the Israelite s, that Jehovah HAD chosen him to lead them - Jehovah gave him 3! (And later many more) Exodus 4:1-9 4 However, Moses answered: “But suppose they do not believe me and do not listen to my voice, for they will say, ‘Jehovah did not appear to you.’” 2 Then Jehovah said to him: “What is that in your hand?” He answered: “A rod.” 3 He said: “Throw it on the ground.” So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. 4 Jehovah now said to Moses: “Reach out your hand and seize it by the tail.” So he reached out and seized it, and it became a rod in his hand. 5 God then said: “This is so that they may believe that Jehovah the God of their forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.” 6 Jehovah said to him once more: “Put your hand, please, into the upper fold of your garment.” So he put his hand into the fold of his garment. When he drew it out, why, his hand was stricken with leprosy like snow! 7 Then he said: “Return your hand into the upper fold of your garment.” So he returned his hand into his garment. When he drew it out of the garment, it was restored like the rest of his flesh!8 He said: “If they will not believe you or pay attention to the first sign, then they will certainly heed the next sign. 9 Still, even if they will not believe these two signs and refuse to listen to your voice, you will take some water from the Nile River and pour it out on the dry land, and the water that you take from the Nile will become blood on the dry land.
    Gideon asked for Three Signs , on 2 different occasions! Judges 6:17 - Then he said to him: “If, now, I have found favor in your eyes, show me a sign that you are the one speaking with me.
    Judges 6:36-40 "36 Then Gid′e·on said to the true God: “If you are saving Israel by means of me, just as you have promised, 37 here I am laying a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If there is dew on the fleece only but all the ground around it is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by means of me, just as you have promised.” 38 And that is how it happened. When he rose up early the next day and wrung the fleece, he squeezed off enough dew from the fleece to fill a large banquet bowl with water. 39 However, Gid′e·on said to the true God: “Do not let your anger burn against me, but let me ask just once more. Let me, please, make just one more test with the fleece. Please let the fleece alone be dry while there is dew all over the ground.” 40 So that is what God did that night; only the fleece was dry, and there was dew all over the ground."
    Luke 11:29-32 Jesus did not deny the people a sign. When the crowds were massing together, he began to say: “This generation is a wicked generation; it looks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jo′nah. 30 For just as Jo′nah became a sign to the Nin′e·vites, so will the Son of man be to this generation.
    2 Kings 20:8-11 - Jehovah altered the shadows as a sign for Hezekiah! 8 Hez·e·ki′ah had asked Isaiah: “What is the sign to show that Jehovah will heal me and that I will go up on the third day to the house of Jehovah?” 9 Isaiah replied: “This is the sign from Jehovah to show you that Jehovah will carry out the word that he has spoken: Do you want the shadow on the stairway to move forward ten steps or back ten steps?” 10 Hez·e·ki′ah said: “It is an easy thing for the shadow to extend itself ten steps but not to go back ten steps.” 11 So Isaiah the prophet called out to Jehovah, and He made the shadow on the stairway of A′haz go back ten steps after it had already descended the steps.
    2 Corinthians 12:12 - 12 Indeed, the signs of an apostle were produced among you with great endurance, and by signs and wonders and powerful works.
    Other New Testament Verses Discussing Signs. Acts 8:9-13 Acts 8:6 Acts 2:22 Acts 14:3 Mark 16:16-17

Anything taught as doctrine must be supported by at least two or three clear and unambiguous Biblical passages. The main things are the plain things. We can be certain that if God did not establish a teaching with two or three solid witnesses in Scripture then He did not intend for us to teach it as Biblical truth. We know this because God has given us this principle in a way that follows this principle, that is, He repeated it in both the Old and the New Testaments:

• Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
    • Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    • 2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

This principle is fundamental not only to Biblical Hermeneutics, but to Epistimology in general. How do we know anything? When it is confirmed and corroborated by a variety of witnesses. This is true whether studying the Bible or Biology. Application of this rule immediately clears away the debris accumulated from centuries of unfounded speculations and lays bare the bedrock of the true Biblical doctrines of Eschatology.

• Splash
    Splash

Good thoughts and scriptures, thanks for sharing.

On this comment
    John 11:25 - Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life.

the greek word here translated 'exercises faith' is more often rendered 'believes in' or 'has faith in'.

The WT and NWT like to skew thngs into being a works based religion, therefore 'exercising' suits their agenda very well, even if it's not what Jesus said or meant.

(Incidentally the same is true for John 3:16 "For God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten son in order that everyone 'exercising faith'..." In the NWT, most surrounding translations of the same greek word are 'believe', which is how other Bibles consistently render it.)

Splash.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

(Jeremiah 17:5) : “Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man...

• Splash
    Splash

Yet the WT maintains:

*** w01 1/15 p. 7 How We Can Cultivate Virtue ***
    Jehovah has provided his Word and Bible-based publications.

*** w08 4/15 p. 7 par. 19 Repudiate "Valueless Things" ***
    Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

Splash

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

TL;DR

Another sermon, from another self proclaimed bible scholar.

Is there no end to your hubris?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

John 4:6 - Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the Truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I think this is probably why many of us rejected the Governing Body at some stage. I know there was a time during my final days at the meetings when the constant praise of the 'faithful slave' just grated on me.

Identify False Prophets - Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Good one!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I like Mt 22:37-40 and Mt 15:14 to overcome how Christians need an organization. How can you follow an organization who's leaders tell its members to follow what the leader(s) says no matter what. Since God's greatist commandment instructs Christians to love God with "ALL" your heart, mind, and soul and his second commandment instructs followers to love your neighbors as yourself, how can Christians blindly follow its religious leaders like the Jews followed the Pharisees and Sadducees?

Mt 22:34-40 (NIV)
    The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[ c ] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[ d ] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Mt 15:14
    That Which Defiles

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ [a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ [b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    9 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’ [c] ”

10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. [d] If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Thank you for compiling and sharing this! I will be reviewing it.

• leaving_quietly
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

That's an interesting collection of scriptures, but you know what they'll come back with? "be obedient to those taking the lead", Jesus holds the congregations in his hands, so by supporting the people he's provided, overseers, as there were in the first century, we support Christ. How'd you balance that then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit