I met two Mormons today

by Quarterback 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

While going on my walk this morning, I saw two Female members of the Mormon faith coming towards me. As they got closer they initiated the conversation.

I stopped getting into arguments a long time ago with people about beleifs, so we just had a friendly chat, In the end of our conversation, they gave me a card. Do you know what that card was about?

It was an invitation to visit the Mormon Website.

This seemed all to familiar to me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Creepy weird. They gotta' stop copying us! Oh, wait ... maybe we're copying them!?!?

• make yourself
    make yourself

Thats interesting. One time a jehovah witness knocked on my door, the guy was so nervous that he gave the wrong invitation spill for the memorial and handed me the invitation and mentioned the special talk.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Looks like Mormans are on a campaign to spread the word on their website too. Another coincidence between JWs and Mormons was the release of a new bible edition just last year.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Turns out the Mormons got a head start of nearly 3 years on this campaign ... JW's are closing the gap though, it did afterall take them much longer to imitate the LDS Family Worship Night.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-10-02/mormon-church-media-campaign/50637136/1

• Heaven
    Heaven

They are cult recruiters, just like the JWs.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wannabfree: Mormons have family worship night?

• Mum
    Mum

Quarterback: You should see the old episode of South Park in which one of the kids is converted to Mormonism by his school chum. His biggest desire is to have "family home evening" like his friend. The guys who write South Park are ex-Mormons. I'm going to see their play, "The Book of Mormon" in July.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Family Home Evening ... might give you some ideas for conducting JW Family Worship Night

https://www.lds.org/manual/family-home-evening-resource-book?lang=eng

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, our church encouraged family night too. My children's favorite was Dutch Blitz (card play without the pagan symbols).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit