"...A God's Voice, And Not A Man's!" (Acts 12:22; 2 Thess. 2:3, 4) ... That Day Is Here!

by bjc2read 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi all,

Question: How Are Members Of The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses Themselves, Actually Viewed By Jehovah's Witnesses Today?

Well, the following related experience may help answer that provocative question, giving us a glimpse of what the possible future days will bring us. Yes, the answer to that question may even be quite shocking to us, ... with simply terrible, disastrous results!!!

So please "fasten your seat belts" before reading this one...

The experience is related under the subheading: "Jehovah's Witnesses Are Asking For A King!"

Link To Article: http://meletivivlon.com/2014/04/30/they-asked-for-a-king/

Experience Related below:

" ... It is most interesting how the human mind works. Once the defensive walls are brought down, the floodgates open. Petra went on to tell me a personal experience. Last year, a member of the Governing Body spoke at the Spanish District convention she attended. She went on to recall how afterward the audience kept applauding for minutes. According to her, it became so uncomfortable that the brother had to leave the stage, and even then, the applause still continued.

This bothered her conscience, she explained. She told me that at one point she stopped clapping, because she felt it was tantamount to—and here she used a Spanish word—“ veneración ”. As a woman from a Catholic background, there is no misunderstanding the import of this. “Veneration” is a word used in conjunction with the Saints, demonstrating honor and reverence to an extent one step beneath adoration which is due to God alone. The Greek word proskynesis quite literally means “kissing in the presence [of]” a superior being; acknowledging the recipient’s divinity and the giver’s submissive humility. http://meletivivlon.com/#_edn1

Can you picture a stadium filled with thousands of people performing an act of veneration to a man? Can we imagine these same individuals calling themselves Jehovah’s people? Yet this is exactly what is happening before our eyes..."

---------------------------end of related experience------------------------

Whew!

bjc

PS: See also related topic link at: www.thereportbook.com/acult.htm

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

A person I know who attended a meeting where the governing body spoke discribed it as 'awesome'

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's what happens when every second article encourages GB worship.

I have met quite a few garden variety elders and COs that expect the plebs to do obeisance as well.

In the words of Mel Brooks from History of the world part 1 or 2 ( not sure ) " It's good to be the King".

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

A friend related to me that a JW, after attending the Annual Meeting this year, said about the GB; "they practically walk on water".

-

There's a reason why they've been dubbed "Octopope" here (now SevenoPope with the recent demise of one Pope).

• metatron
    metatron

Sieg Heil ! Sieg Heil !

metatron

• Island Man
    Island Man

(now SevenoPope with the recent demise of one Pope).

That would be septapope

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

That would be septapope

Yes, I know. You missed the tongue-in-cheek intent.

If you live in the rurals with no sewer service, do you have a septa tank?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's call them "HYDRA." They have seven heads and when one is lost, more spring up in it's place! Their aim is the same as HYDRA from the Captain America movie. Create a world of such dischord in the minds of men, that those men willingly give away their freedom for "peace."

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Thought I would post the entire scripture referenced in the title because it seems so extremely relevant to the OP.

Acts 12:20-23

Now he was in a fighting mood against the people of Tyre and of Si´don. So with one accord they came to him and, after persuading Blastus, who was in charge of the bedchamber of the king, they began suing for peace, because their country was supplied with food from that of the king. 21  But on a set day Herod clothed himself with royal raiment and sat down upon the judgment seat and began giving them a public address. 22  In turn the assembled people began shouting: "A god’s voice, and not a man’s!" 23  Instantly the angel of Jehovah struck him, because he did not give the glory to God; and he became eaten up with worms and expired.

abe

• Island Man
    Island Man

" Let's call them "HYDRA." They have seven heads . . ."

Hmmm . . . . Do you think it's possible that the writer of Revelation could have been inspired by the idea of the Hydra when he wrote about a beast with 7 heads?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit