The Bible Teach book discussion on YouTube

by Listener 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

Over time a number of posters have asked for advice when studying What Does the Bible Really Teach? Book with JWs. I came across a set of YouTube video's of a guy discussing this book chapter by chapter with the JWs.

This is the link to Chapter 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOlHjr39cs&list=PLj1CXA6hnC12W9ZIW3yCs_g-lE4nO9FqI

Sorry if this has already been posted on here.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Thank you for this link. I will view it and prepare for my next bible study session, in case my elderette tries again to get me to study from this uninspired book.

• dabster
    dabster

This is certainly interesting and, from the (admittedly) little I heard, the person who posted the recording on YouTube makes valid points (other than the one saying that the Alpha Course does not present the trinitarian position - it does; the Elim church conducting the course however seems not to have) but I believe he takes the wrong approach. He argues doctrine. It is far, far more effective to use the Bible Teach book to chip away at the confidence the JW has in the Watchtower organisation. This is done superbly well by Wilbur Lingle in his treatment of the book, which presents for the Christian a step-by-step guide to be used in the book study situation. Faithful Witness, I didn't see this post until after I messaged you - I answer it so that others have the opportunity of taking Wilbur Lingle's approach. I am using it with a JW neighbour I am discussing things with to great effect. If I were you I would gladly do the book study with your elderette - but only with Lingle's guide well-prepared a chapter at a time.

If anyone is interested I can send either the file or Wilbur Lingle's contact details.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit