Fear leads to becoming uneducated

by Still Totally ADD 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

A girlfriend shared how her chaotic childhood disrupted her education as has been described here. She was well into adulthood before she found out that Alaska is part of the continent of North America, not an island floating near Hawaii. The map of the US had stuck, but not the wider geography.

Alaska

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

jgnat I think alot of poeple don't know where anything is. I use to love geography in school. But everytime I got excited about something I was learning my father would always tell me I will not need to know that in the new system. I do remember just before the first men landed on the moon my dad keep saying Jehovah will not allow it to happen. Because he only gave the earth as a home for man not the moon. Of course man did land on the moon and I was just so happy it happen. I loved the space program when I was a kid. But again my father would get angry with me and tell me god did not like what man was doing and I should not like it also. Instead I should be preparing myself for jail, bethel or poineering. After all we was god's people and this is what god wants us to do. It's no wonder I suffer with PTSD. It was because of great fear that keep me in.

Giordano demons was big in my life also. I was scared to death a demon was going to beat me up.

Apojnophos thank you for listening to my rant. I much better now but it caused a big part of my life to be wasted.

Thank you all for your comments. Still Totally ADD

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Still Totally ADD: Your comment about the P.O. abusing your friend and his threat to kill you. That is a big deal for an 8 year old to deal with. Also, what happened with the P.O.? Was his crime reported? Did he go on to molest others? Did you talk to your parents? Does this experience cause you problems now?

You do not have to reveal any of the details to me. Just wanted to point out that the abuse of your friend should have been reported to the police. In Watchtower world the "culture" is to leave it in Jehovah's hands. Forgive. Do not bring reproach on Jehovah's organization. You get the idea.

My illustration about taking your transmission problems to an expert is practicle. Reporting a crime to the police is practicle. Abuse is a crime. The abuse policies of Jehovah's Witnesses are backwards and add to the problems rather than help people deal with it. Experts are not searched for. Answers are not given.

You are not to blame. You should not feel quilty about the past. I would say, since you mentioned the incident of abuse, that could indicate that it bothers you still. So I just wanted to give some perspective. Romans 13 relates we should be in subjection to the superior authorities. We do not fear calling the police if someone breaks into our home. We do not fear to call the fire department when our house is on fire. Why should we fear calling the police when the crime of abuse occurs?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Made Lemonade I know I am not to blame. I blame squarely on the head of the Wt. for this. The PO has longed died. This happen in 1962. My mind could not handle what happen to me at such a young age. It was not until I went and got help for my depression at the age of 53 did it finally came out of me. All my life I would be haunted by a memory of a man naked standing over me. With help I was finally able to put all the pieces together. By then he was dead. Back then I don't even know if the police would have done anything at all in that little small town I came from. At any rate I survived and am proud of it. I wish I would have had someone like you around when I was kid. Maybe this guy would have been put away. Thanks for your concern. Still Totally ADD

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Still Totally ADD: Wow! That is some experience. Very happy you could survive that. It is so encouraging to see you share your expeirences so others can be helped. You might not ever know how many will read about you and gain freedom. Perhaps their first step towards a happier life. A life without the intellectual prison bonds.

Good for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit