WHAT IS GOING ON IN RUSSIA??

by DATA-DOG 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does anyone know anything? I hear a lot of stories circulating about JWs in Russia. The Government is raiding houses for literature, just like the old days. An Eldub was rambling during the WT study about Jws in Russia. He is sure that the END is soon!

DD

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not heard anything but I know for a fact that jw.org WOL library does not work in Russia. JW.org does but not the library.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I don't want to see anyone hurt or injured or in fear.

There is great irony that Russia has a huge issue with homophobia and yet they point fingers at Watchtower for hate speech due to such issues as homophobia and decades of WT rhetoric about everyone but themselves.

The probelm is you can't spend 100 years calling everyone evil and destined to a lake of fire, then be suprised when it upsets people. The 8 in Brooklyn, could spout this unpleasant nonsense all they wanted in the safety of their Watchtower fortress in a freedom loving western country. Oh more irony! They have denounced every nation on earth, every religion, they have mocked and spat at every religion but their own, never admitting fault, mere 'old light'.

Meanwhile, worldwide, their followers have to take that message door to door!

I just feel sorry for the people who feel obliged to tell the world in 2014 that nature is evil, that democracy is evil, that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and the only refuge is a local windowless building where songs are sung and tripe is regurgitated, new light is consumed without thought and contributions are 'pledged'.

As society evolves, such fundementalist religions will become evidently clear for their harm and abuse, not for society as much as its poor members.

• blondie
    blondie

But........Jesus said it would come at a time you think it not to be...........

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Blondie said - But........Jesus said it would come at a time you think it not to be........... Depends what 'it' is!!

Most Witnesses are watching & waiting for the Great Trib to kick off, therefore, they are expecting 'it' - soon!

But what if the 'it' is what 1 Peter 4:17 speaks about????

I don't know any Witnesses who have ever given this Scripture a second thought, let alone expected it! Fits the bill.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The Watchtower Society brings this on JW's themselves. Russians obviously do not like an anti-government American-rooted cult in their country.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Apparently the Russian authorities have a "problem" with the effect that their shunning policy has on family integrity.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Trouble is brewing for those who distribute the G.B.'s publications in the Russian Federation.

Perhaps Witnesses in Russia should just use their Bibles without the literature - that might save them a lot of prejudice and grief.

Go on G.B., spare these poor people being persecuted for being duped into handing out your "present truths" ravings; tell them not to bother anymore! Their blood will be upon you self-appointed, Glorious Ones!

However, that would make them look too much like Christians, and not enough like Watchtower Witnesses!

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/taganrog-criminal-case/

• kaik
    kaik

JW experience crackdown, but they are not the only one. Russia has preferential treatment for Orthodox church which became the hotbed for nationalistic resurrection of Russia. It is uncommon for priest to bless skinheads before they go to beat up people from Caucasus, Central Asia, or Far East. Orthodox church support violency and became a pillar for modern Russia which was unable to find its position within globalized world. Russia is still isolated as Eastern Block is totally against it, and Central Asia became heavily Islamized. JW as many other foreigner religions are getting suppressed. I read that Catholic, Protestant churches are getting similar treatment.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The impact of JWs being rooted in the US may contribute to some of the anti dub feeling but from my experience of being in the former USSR areas many times the people simply cannot let go of the old school control mentality. If it ain't state approved then it's open season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit