The REAL reason for the elder and ms appointment change......

by EndofMysteries 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Very good points all. The fact that this change is taking place now is very telling. For several years there have been rumours of changes in the wind. The deletion of the DO and conferring ALL this authority to the CO can only mean a couple of things and like DATA-DOG and Metatron have said, they are probably legal in nature.

Recognizing that it has been several months since the Candace Conti case went into appeal, this change is timely. Deliberations taking as long as this could only mean that the answer is not cut-and-dried. It is a perplexing legal case and neither side will be left with 100% of the verdict or outcome. If the ORG recognizes this, and I believe they do, then changes to distance the ORG from the clergy need to be made quickly.

Having served with some of the most pompous, arrogant, and self-absorbed CO's that this ORG has appointed leads me to believe that this change is a nightmare in the making. Jason, Freddy Kruger and the Child's Play kid will cease to be scary in comparison to the oligarchs that this change will bring into being. Yes men will be the norm and fear will reign. Fear of losing the position not simply of not being used in the assembly or recognized by the CO for some special purpose. Get ready.

SOP

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/us/kansas-city-bishop-indicted-in-reporting-of-abuse-by-priest.html?_r=0

As I said above, WTS is trying to limit the Governing Body's and BEthel's criminal conduct. Above link is another article in another case, where higher ups who knew were indicted. It references other cases. This is the new bend of the law, and it came out with the Oklahoma case 3 months ago (not Candice). If GB/Bethel doesn't know of an appointment, it becomes much harder to haul them off to jail. Yes, victims can still sue them for money. But, locking the higher-ups takes a much higher threshold of knowledge and proof. Think OJ. He wasn't convicted on murder (criminaL), but had to pay the families (civil).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit