Husband can sit in on wife's judicial committee meeting, but not other way around

by PaintedToeNail 14 Replies latest jw friends

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Jesus would not recogize this "Jehovah's Witness" religion as

having anything to do with the liberated Christianity he tallked about

in which " there is neither male or female, but you are all one " Galatians 3:28

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And what if you are a single sister?

Then the elders can grill you however they like with no other female there to keep the discussion in check and appropriate??

"So, how often sis do you %(#& yourself, and how?"

Sickos......

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Watchtower Free,sorry to be all non-pc but the Welshman in me is loving the red headed celtic beauty, including the attitude!

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl I mi,
    Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
    Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad,
    Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Let me teach about headship. The sad part is that Witness women stay glued to their chairs rather than walking out.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

When I was disfellowshipped, there was an "interview" that preceeded my judicial committee (same night). The elders asked me to leave the room while they talked to my husband and questioned him about the event in question. I was then asked back into the room where they began asking me about the event in question. My husband was NOT asked to leave while I was being questioned. This had NOTHING to do with our marriage, it was an "interivew" about an event where 20 of us were brought in and were asked questions regarding our behavior that night in addition to the others in our group...if there was any inapropriate behavior or excessive drinking. I was disfellowshipped for admitting to having admitted to being drunk on a number of occassions over the years. I was 39 at the time. I refused to take their councel regarding my drinking as they kept referring to me as a drunkard, which I am not nor was ever. I was disfellowshipped in January 2010 because of it. 3 other witnesses were disfellowshipped due to admitting to other wrong behavior, 6 were publicly reproved due to admitting to having been drunk either that night or on other occassions. They were not disfellowshipped because they had a repentant attitude. All but myself and my SIL have been reinstated and or given their priveledges back.

I often thought it was odd that I could not sit in on my husband's questioning, but he was allowed during mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit