May 15, 2014 WT: "God will intervene on behalf of his people"

by cultBgone 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The carefully counstructed cult mentality that Brooklyn creates,is for them to count it as a privilege to be "abused for righteousness sake" so it is a badge of honour...

WT 04 11/1 p 13

Persecuted yet Happy

12 Today, we as Jehovah’s Witnesses are often persecuted because we are zealous in preaching the good news of the Kingdom. Our enemies accuse us of “aggressive proselytizing,” but we know that faithful worshipers of Jehovah before us faced similar criticism. (Jeremiah 11:21; 20:8, 11) We count it a privilege to suffer for the same reason that the faithful prophets of old suffered. The disciple James wrote: “Brothers, take as a pattern of the suffering of evil and the exercising of patience the prophets, who spoke in the name of Jehovah. Look! We pronounce happy those who have endured.”.............................................................................................

14 Another reason why opposition and persecution for righteousness’ sake makes us happy is that it proves that we are living as true Christians with godly devotion. The apostle Paul wrote: “All those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.” (2 Timothy 3:12) We are supremely happy at the thought that our keeping integrity under trial provides a further answer to Satan’s challenge that all of Jehovah’s creatures serve Him out of selfish interest. (Job 1:9-11; 2:3, 4) We rejoice that we have a share, be it ever so small, in the vindication of Jehovah’s righteous sovereignty

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The worst thing they will experience is divine justice through the hands of the Superior Authorities."

I just got this weird image in my head...

...the WTS is slowly dwindling away, and in desperation, the GB rile up the remaining R&F into really fringe-worthy Waco-type behavior to try and provoke "Satan's World" into some kind of final solution endgame as an attempt to trigger the Apocalypse to bail them out (and thus prove that the WTS was "right all along")...

...and nothing happens...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"God will intervene on behalf of his people"

Makes it sound like the whole world men, women. children, little babies, governments, religion, is gonna get a smack down for being squatters on this earth because they don't accept corporate duties or recognize the official status of Watchtower Bible, Magazine and Tract Printing enterprise as God's Earthly Organization to be listened too and obeyed.

These delusional old geezer on the GB are insane!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Another reason why opposition and persecution for righteousness’ sake makes us happy is that it proves that we are living as true Christians with godly devotion."

The GB wouldn't know "persecution" if it came up and bit 'em on the ass.

And if it did, they'd cave and compromise their vaunted "integrity" in a heartbeat.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Try this on for size. The GB are The self proclaimed mouth piece for God. Yet, he can not help them out of printing things that prove they are idiots. I think if God ever wanted to help the WT he would have protected them (as a group) from printing the following.

1. Anything on how to help sex abuse victims except call the police immediately.

2. The world will end on this date,

A. No this date

B. Sorry we were confused, defiantly this date

C.-Y. Now the message is clear this Date

Z. Okay, we honestly don't know, but soon(Tm)

3. If being raped at gun point one must scream or that person is a guilty party, and if one's skirt is more than 40 percent above ankle. The rape is clearly at fault with the individual. (Reminds me to check the length of my kilt before the Scottish Games this year)

4. The cost of our literature production is to high for negros, but there's hope. If you find yourself with the affliction of a race other than of European, One can pray very hard and God will turn that person white as rice.

5. Bout a million more, but I'm to busy. I'm sure others can add more.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Upcoming WT study articles give a thrashing to any who JW's who question or who are slackers. The Organization is made up of persons who are just floating along and doing only what is required. It's a herd of mediocrity.

I feel the clamps coming down on everyone in the Org. - CO's, elders, parents & kids.

The next step (I feel certain will happen) is for the leadership to 'create' persecution circumstances - to prove who is 'faithful' to them. And to stir up fear of the Great Trib...

ginger

• steve2
    steve2

Religious people are pathetically deluded, even as the hangman's noose tightens around one's carotid artery, fellow religionists will mindlessly parrot, "God will ensure your safety." Humans are incredibly gullible anyway - religion just formalizes the stupidity.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

The thing is by saying that these things WILL happen it just makes it so that there will always be jws who stay in because they are waiting for some divine intervention.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The gb say "don't leave when things get bad because god will step in so we won't be wiped out" then bad things happen and jws decide to wait for god to come. Then when it's over they go on about how god helped them endure it so he must be protecting them or else there wouldn't be any jws left.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

gingerbread - "The next step (I feel certain will happen) is for the leadership to 'create' persecution circumstances - to prove who is 'faithful' to them. And to stir up fear of the Great Trib..."

I think that could happen, too, but would backfire on them. See below.

DuvanMuvan - "The gb say 'don't leave when things get bad because god will step in so we won't be wiped out' then bad things happen and jws decide to wait for god to come. Then when it's over they go on about how god helped them endure it so he must be protecting them or else there wouldn't be any jws left."

Ah, but something we often overlook is that the majority of JWs expect the Great Tribulation to look like a Roland Emmerich film with a WT twist...

...a very overt manifestation of the supernatural.

If, say, the GB - feeling the pinch - decided to go all David Koresh at the Warwick compound in an attempt to provoke the Federal Government into some kind of "final solution"-type event to either rally the masses in their defense or even trigger the Big A...

...and nothing happened except arrests...

...it would be like 1975, but worse.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

A talk was given at my hall...from a bethelite....he was as usual talking about Jah, what he does & doesn't do...He was talking about Jehovah saving folks. The brother talked about 911 in NYC, he says, God watched as the plane crashed into the first building, he watched as the second building collasped, he didn't do anything, I was on the tie-line, it sounded so cruel...just the way the brother delivered it...the hall was silent & I can bet how many folks might have taken it in...I just sat there & listened...and said, wow, God watched it all & didn't do nothing...so the point of this, was to say, that folks always wonder why Jehovah doesn't save or intervene or allow suffering....Because when Jesus his son was nailed to the cross/stake, God didn't save his own son, so why would he save us....

So as you see if God wouldn't intervene with his Son, watching him go through torture & didn't lift a finger because he wanted to show everyone that one person would be obedient to him, 'til the end...to show Satan & the World...gives you something to think about....if a Father won't save his own child to show someone who is Boss....'nuf said....

But I always thought, how one would feel if they knew they would have to die but was guaranteed to come back after 3 days...reminds me of someone taking the rap for a crime/stealing money, promised the money if they just did a little time in prison...what would you do ? Maybe Jesus asked his father God, Listen Pop, you want to go to earth suffer, & die for 3 days & you'll bring me back, how am I to suffer...will it hurt ? God says well yeah, it's gonna hurt but I'm bringing you back...Just do this for me...OK ? Jesus replies: Ok, but you gonna bring me back, right ?

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit