IF THERE WAS NO FIRST HUMAN.....

by DATA-DOG 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" So your OP was self-negating?"

Not at all. I mentioned many other "abilities" as well. Besides, you would need to prove with absolute certainty that those other thing do not exist. For the sake of argument, throw those out. Explain human ecolocation without developing extra organs.

"In what physical ways do you think humans have evolved since 1814?"

I just threw out a number. Make it 1,000 years. Can you say that humans have not evolved in the last 1,000 years? How much time needs to pass to pinpoint an evolutionary step. How would you know if you were a stepping dtone for the next "human?"

DD

• cofty
    cofty

Explain human ecolocation without developing extra organs

Ears?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Explain human ecolocation without developing extra organs.

What Cofty said, but with emphasis. Ears.

Not at all. I mentioned many other "abilities" as well. Besides, you would need to prove with absolute certainty that those other thing do not exist.

You're implying that if a human can do it, it's not "super". Therefore a human can't have super-powers.

• Jon Preston
  • Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Kevin Costner--waterworld....end of story.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There are people who have something called superior biographical memory. They remember everything in their life as it happened yesterday. You could pick a date at random and they could tell you what day of the week it was, what the weather was like that day, what they wore, what they ate for dinner. They are being studied by scientists, who find that an MRI shows a more active pathway from the front part of the brain to the back. This ability is easily proven to the most skeptical scientists, it's not some new and different skill, it's just a more powerful version of normal brain activity.

On the other Hand, if there were people who could actually read thoughts, moved objects with the mind, etc., then the chances are that at least one of them would have been identified by now. What you have is a lot of people who claim such abilities but who cannot do it when tested. Telekinesis and mind reading, if they existed, would be completely outside of known Science, using some mechanism that is unknown. It's not beyond the realm of imagination, but until it can be proven to have happened, it's strictly science fiction. There is just no evidence.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't really believe in "super-powers", just in human potential. I believe we can do many things that have not even been discovered, let alone explained. When we don't understand something we label it as "paranormal" or "supernatural." Just because we don't understand how or why something works, it doesn't mean it's magical or mythical.

Humans have awesome potential. The mammalian dive reflex is a good example of an amazing skill that can be developed. Echolocation is another great example of the potential skill that humans have. I have never heard of a sighted human using echolocation, but the blind humans that do have the same brain as you and I. So extra organs are not needed to have a special ability like that. We have them already.

So IF humans are born who can more easily train themselves to use the potential they have, then over time we will have have better humans. What if you could train yourself to use echolocation, or consciously tell your muscles not to fatigue so quickly, or make different areas of your mind communicate better, or purposesly shut pain receptors off? If you could do all that without the drawbacks, like having autism, that would be amazing. How do we know that more and more humans at the higher end of the curve will not appear? They may be around already. Since we cannot really set a limit on what a human is capable of, is it right to say that something is impossible?

We may not have any peer reviewed scientific proof of something, but that does not make it impossible or untrue. It's just unproven. We really don't understand too much of our own world, although we are learning. Why is it impossible to have "higher evolved" humans among us right now? Has human evolution stopped?

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Explain human ecolocation without developing extra organs.

What Cofty said, but with emphasis. Ear s."

It' not that simple.

DD

• Viviane
    Viviane

It' not that simple.

Then show why not.

What if you could train yourself to use echolocation

Humans do that every day.

If you could do all that without the drawbacks, like having autism, that would be amazing

Autism does come with drawbacks, though.

Since we cannot really set a limit on what a human is capable of, is it right to say that something is impossible?

We can and yes it is.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Then show why not."

Go read up on the subject and then you will see why it's not as simple as having ears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit