The World Mission Society Church of God, a cult from Korea

by sherrie11 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

I just had two disciples of this religion knock on my door.

"The Church of God is a destructive cult portraying itself as a mainstream religion. By exploiting Christian terminology and the Bible, they are manipulating their followers to further the goals of the movement, namely money and power. A former Seventh-day Adventist, and self proclaimed messiah, “Ahnsahnghong” founded the organization in Korea in 1964.

After his death and subsequent ascension to heaven in 1985, Ahnsahnghong was succeeded by his spiritual wife Zahng-Gil-Jah; also known as Mother God, Heavenly Mother and New Jerusalem Mother. Members pray to her and are encouraged to visit Korea to pay her homage. Mother God is the core of their faith."

The iPad shoved in my face at the door (first thing I saw) to entice me to a two minute presentation. It reminded me of what the witness's are trying to do now. From this personal experience of having the iPad shoved in my face i feel the JW's will not have much luck using it as a tool in their ministry. I immediately attempted to touch the screen to stop it.

Has any one else come across this kinda copy cat to the JW's cult?

It felt cheap!!

• Divergent
    Divergent

This sparked my interest. Did a quick search, and this is some of the the info that I found. Hmmm.. interesting ^^

WorldMission Society Church of God, also known as the Church of God, is a church that began in South Korea and has spread to over 150 different nations worldwide. The church expected the world to end in 2012. The church has since said that they did not expect the world to end in 2012.

The Church believes that Jesus was to come a second time in the flesh. They believe that Ahn Sahng-hong is the Second Coming Jesus who came with a new name (Revelation 3:11–12; Revelation 2:17) and state that he fulfilled biblical prophecies that only Jesus could have fulfilled.

As the Bible testifies in Revelation 22:17, "The Spirit and the bride," so the WMSCOG believes that according to the Bible the bride is God the Mother. According to Genesis 1:26–27, "US, OUR," there are two Gods, a male image of God and a female image of God. They call the female image of God, “God the Mother”. They teach that in the last days God the Mother has to appear on earth in the flesh. The WMSCOG believes that God the Mother is the source of salvation.

The Church believes that all human beings were originally created as angels in Heaven. When in Heaven they sinned against God and were sent to the earth as a second chance to return to God. They believe that the only way for humans to return to heaven is by keeping the Passover with bread and wine (Jesus' flesh and blood) and following the teachings of the Bible, as taught by Ahn Sahng-hong, which include believing in God the Mother, who is the Bride to give them life in the last days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Mission_Society_Church_of_God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit