what is the current book study ("Congregation bible study") book?

by grumblecakes 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• grumblecakes
  • grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Whoops! Meant to say hi and be all friendly but apparently hitting enter after finishing your title will just post the thing with nothing in the body. My bad.

Hey there everybody! i gotta go to meeting this week whats the title of the rubbish being considered tor the CBS?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Its the "draw close to jehovah" book.

The chapter on "gods destructive power"... all about how its "loving" for god to actually kill people!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Wow, sounds like a hoot!

Thanks SIAR!

• talesin
    talesin

What? I'm confused ....... sure my 'parents' told me there wasn't a book study anymore, but my memory is a bit foggy nowadays.

I must have it wrong ....... did they alter that arrangement (wow, sill dub-speak in my head, after all these years), or am I totally having a major brain fart?

thanks

tal

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Book study is the first 30 min part in the mid week meeting, then the bible highlights, ministry school talks, then song, then service meeting....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey here is a challenge for ya:

When they analyse the artist picture of the Egyptians getting drowned, see if you can answer and say how "wonderful it makes you feel to see how god will kill everyone" in order to save " the few righteous" .... Yep, highlight the 'us and them mentality', then ask, " but I thought we went witnessing in order to show how much we love our neighbours?"

"challenge accepted".......

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, okay. So I got it twisted (which makes sense, as I'm a bit twisted myself - JOKING!). They have only one meeting midweek, and have combined the book study and the TMS. Got it, thanks!

:)

t

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep that's it talesin...

just out of interest, when did you stop going to meetings?

• talesin
    talesin

I was 18. Oh, and I got kicked out of the house the very moment I told my mother I wasn't going to the meeting that night. By the end of the month, get out. Even though I was barely recovered from a major illness that had me bed-ridden for 3 months. Ah, I just love Mother's Day - NOT. haha

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit