Visited Baptist church on Easter

by snakeface 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

The witnesses have changed, so how could they think that other places of worship have not changed....Most of the churches now, are basically motivational. They come to person right where they are at in their life. Yes, there are still some that preach fire & brimstone, but they are fading fast. The new generation is very different. Being a christian is not easy. To bring folks in is even more difficult....many people feel God is angry with them because of their past, or they feel unworthy to approach God/Jesus. What I find being at the hall, all you hear is preach & teach...if you come from another church, you can't even sit there & be comforted...always, something to do....for some their burdens of life are so heavy, they are good to get up out of their bed...to make it to a place of worship....Witnesses always say, never forsake the gathering with others....they think if you sit & attend meetings, eventually you will be a christian..but I heard a preacher say, you can sit in a garage day after day & you'll never be a car...being a christian comes in all forms & fashions, just not going out to preach, what about helping someone that is not your sister or brother...

I'm happy some go to churches.....just to see that the witnesses don't know what they are talking about....many say that their preacher/pastor say don't talk to those witnesses...I have never heard that from any pulpit....they don't believe in insulting their worshippers, because someone in their may know a witness. But not so with the Kingdom hall, they have no problem talking about other religions...that can be offending. Who knows maybe one day someone may say to friend or an elder, at the end of the meeting.....Nice meeting but you shouldn't talk about other religions...

Legacy

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I have attended Unitarian services several times. Very refreshing. Not really Christian in the sense that they respect all spiritual traditions. Every week is a different topic, often with interesting speakers giving a wide range of viewpoints. They don't stress dogma or expect you to 'believe' anything that is said. Nobody will pressure you to join. Anyway, the Unitarians are just about the exact opposite of the Witnesses. If convenient, give them a try.

• Perry
    Perry

First time I went to an independent baptist church, the preacher blew my mine and my wife's hair back. Wow! Is all I could say.

We found one a little closer to home (not quite as dramatic) and went there for three years. Made some great friends we still keep in touch with.... including Pastor and wife.

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

I went to a baptist church on Easter Sunday too!!! I enjoyed it. It reminded me of a Kingdom Hall but less formal. And I actually agreed with everything they said. Everyone was very friendly and came to say hello. when I gave her my background, the pastors wife told me that they view JWs as a cult. Was a shock to hear it in real life!! My kids loved Sunday school as well!

• snakeface
    snakeface

mgmelkat, yes I have had pastors/deacons/members of other religions say the JWs are a "dangerous" and "mild-controlling" cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit