Br. Lett's Slight of Hand

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Nice try Brother Lett. You moved the cups around the table and thought we would not see the slight of hand you were handing us. But we do.

You begged for money but you have failed to show yourself capable of handling the monies already provided

Who starts a building project without first calculating if he can afford it? The Warwick project is a gross egotistic expenditure. I'm told you recognize this. Jesus had nowhere to lay his head but you will be sitting pretty overlooking a lake from a building we, the publishers, cannot afford to build. You are embarking on a building craze never before seen in the Organization because never before in the Organization has there been a group of men so lacking in integrity as the current Governing Body.

We, the publishers, keep giving while you keep planning more unnecessary projects. You have proven yourself unable to practice good economic sense. And so the slight of hand. You are attempting to cover up gross mismanagement of funds, funds given in sincerity and trust.

The slave that fails to manage his master's monies properly should not be given more.

Jehovah has not caused himself to become your provider. He has left you to wallow in your own mistakes and spiritual hypocrisy. He has given you the kindness you deserve.

Frank, an active Jehovah's Witness

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I have wondered if the GB have any say over financial matters at all. I would dear say this would all have to be passed though someone in the financial know. Weather these decisions have been made by someone behind the scene or from them directly is pure speculation. I dear say it would be the GB who would have to rubber stamp it, and them who will bear the ultimate responsibility if things go wrong.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

IMHO, I suggested to Mrs. Searcher yesterday that the real powers-that-be at WTBTS, have looked into their "crystal ball" of income/expenditure in relation to global real estate aspirations, increase/decrease in publishers, and the debilitating effect of the internet on their business model, and concluded that it was now time for "the Se7en" - as "leaders" of the 8m CCoJW's - to start putting the bite on the flock to provide more fleece for the "pigs"! (see 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell)

"The Se7en" are merely obeying their masters within the Org, and I can see why; what horrors would face them and their wives if they started exhibiting a genuine Christian conscience regarding the Org's deeply troubling strategies?

Raymond Franz's story tells them all they need to know about what having a conscience will result in!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The number of new members here indicates the fallout that is going on among JWs. I frankly believe this occurs in greater numbers among the smarter, more educated, and more emotionally stable JWs. Likely, this group has the higher earnings power and has the ability to provide greater financial support than many other JWs who were attracted to the religion because it was the only group that would accept such misfits of society into their little social group (at least to some degree).

I assure you (at least in the US) that only 10% of any Cong provides 90% of its financial support and there are two groups of people that comprise this 10%. 1- Those with better financial situations (see above); 2- the elderly couples or elderly widows who are living on a comfortable private pension (plus drawing Social Security).

The 1st group is who has been exiting for the past few decades, esp since the internet, and the number exiting is on the rise. At least some of the 2nd group is now awakening due to the money grab. These older folks have money because they were conservative in their spending and they saved cash for a rainy day. They were proud that JWs did not pass the "collection plate" and advertized their meetings as "Free to the Public -- No Collections". They are disturbed by this constant pandering for more money. They are not fleeing from the Organization, but they are cutting back on the donations.

This is the case of my elderly mother and aunt. They cautiously whisper about whether "there is something wrong up there in NY". They are widows, in their 80s, and the New World isn't here as was promised. Now the Organization is beginning to resemble the churches of Christendom that they left to become JWs with the new TV Evangelism and begging for money, despite the evidence of wealth that there is when they visited Bethel.

The smarter and wiser R&F are beginning to see through the magic. The slight of hand that was once working will not last long, as least not for those who are in any position to give real financial assistance.

Doc

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Doc

I agree with you. The question that always pops up in my mind is…. how do they dare ask for more money. Don´t they understand that this money begging and real estate selling will reduce the will to donate, amongst those who have economical capacity to give. In fact it will work contradicting to what they really want, more members, more founds, more real estates

Bugbear

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Br. Lett's Slight of Hand

Stephen Lett denying asking for money,just before he asked for money isn`t slight of hand..

It`s an unbelievably stupid lie..

Don`t ask..

"How Stupid can the WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Popes be?"..

They would only take it as a challenge..

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes I agree that this blatant money grab promoted by the GB is going to back fire on them as it will not generate more funds and workers as they hope.

It almost seems like they are drowning men reaching for straws.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Phizzy the pedant again, surely it is "sleight" of hand ? defined as "cunning deception".

It still sickens me to be able to see so clearly that these men, the Governing Body, who claim to substitute for Christ, are as deceptive, and greedy, as the "three card trick" hustler on the street.

The JW's, gullible as they are, just fall for it every time.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Good thread all great comments suscribed
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Hold Me-Thrill Me said:

"Who starts a building project without first calculating if he can afford it? The Warwick project is a gross egotistic expenditure. I'm told you recognize this. Jesus had nowhere to lay his head but you will be sitting pretty overlooking a lake from a building we, the publishers, cannot afford to build. You are embarking on a building craze never before seen in the Organization because never before in the Organization has there been a group of men so lacking in integrity as the current Governing Body."

Take a look at the quote made by Guy Pierce taken from the site below:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-takes-center-stage-in-new-warwick-headquarters-video

"I have already mentioned repeatedly that, when the Warwick project was announced at the 2011 Annual Meeting, Guy Pierce expressed some uncertainty as to whether it was Jehovah’s will or not. “Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick, we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there,” Pierce said at the time. (w12 8/15 p.17)

But when Mark Sanderson came on board, he said:

“The Governing Body is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the World Headquarters be moved to Warwick. We’re absolutely convinced of that.”

Who is Mark Sanderson?

Below is some intriguing information about Mark Sanderson:

http://e-watchman.com/congratulations-mark/

I first met Mark Sanderson in 1985. That is when my wife and I moved to San Diego and began attending the Central Congregation on Adams Street; incidentally, just about a mile from JF Rutherford’s winter mansion called Beth Sarim.

Mark was just out of school and immediately went off as a special pioneer to Newfoundland. If I recall he started full time preaching while he was in high school. But as it turned out he was back in Southern California for a visit, which is when we met him. He was special.

His parents were the finest folks. His father, Doug, was a very kindly elder. His mother, Grace, was Canadian. She had been a pioneer in Quebec back in the 1950’s, when Jehovah’s Witnesses were viciously persecuted by Maurice Duplessis. Grace told us that she would take her toothbrush with her when she went out in service because she never knew when she was going to be arrested and have to spend the night in jail.

Because Mark was visiting he didn’t have a car. He wanted to visit an old anointed brother up in Hemet, Melvin Sargent if I recall, up in the mountains south of Los Angeles, so he asked us if we would like to drive him up there. So we did. We and another brother, Tony, drove up and attended a Sunday meeting and then we were entertained at the brother’s house afterwards. As I recall this brother, like Mark, was a collector of Watchtower memorabilia.

Was Mark inspired by his visit to Melvin Sargent to later claim to be anointed himself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit