Steven Hassan - Dateline

by DevonMcBride 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I read from the Freedom of Mind web site that licensed cult-expert, Steven Hassan was also interviewed for the Dateline episode. This would mean that in addition to the WT protecting pedophiles, they are going to expose them for being a cult

Devon

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Devon: As much as I love Steve Hassan's work, and how he nails cults for what they are ... I hope that including him in the program will not distract from the molestation issue, and make the show look like sour-grapes ... but, what is filmed is filmed, and I will have to watch as see.

I think Dateline has, or I hope thay have, included an update in the show - at the very end - to talk about how the Society took DFing action against Bill, Barbara, and the Pandelo's. This would really make the Society look even worse.

Whatever, you can be sure that I will be glued to the TV set ... the whole world will stop for at least an hour or two ... I hope that it is a two hour show so they can cover lots of ground. Whatever amount of time ... this is for sure that the JWs are going to be on the defensive. And most importantly, they will have to change policy or go out of business.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

You are absolutely right. I am thinking that maybe they will tie in the fear of coming forward about a molestation as being a characteristic of a mind controling cult.

Devon

• Francois
    Francois

Is there an actual DATE & TIME for the Dateline to air?

Francois

• DIM
    DIM

I am really looking forward to this program....at the very least, it will educate the general public on what an awful, brainwashing cult this is, and expose their terrible child molestation laws. however, here is how I think my brainwashed mother will react:

"oh no! First people turned on religion....now they are turning on us - the TRUE religion! Certainly Armageddon is right around the corner!"

• Matty
    Matty

Many people in the UK and the rest of Europe get CNBC on cable. This is a very boring channel, which is primarily for business people and stockbrokers. However, on Saturday they do put some good stuff on, such as Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien (edited highlights only) and they do show Dateline, but because of the time difference, it’s rather late on Friday.

Dateline
    Saturday night/Sunday morning
    12:00am - 12:45am /12.45 - 01.30am UK time (1 hour later CET)

For more details about CNBC click here:
    http://www.cnbceurope.com

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Francois, the date in which Dateline is to air is May 28th 10pm eastern time. That is in the United States anyway. Matty said it will also be shown in the UK.

Edited to correct the spelling of Matty's name.......sorry

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Will Power
    Will Power

I think the cult angle is very important for this pedophile issue to be understood for what it is.

Emotional blackmail
    and
    submission

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I'm sure however they present the show it will be good and professional. I do like the idea though of them showing the watchtower as being a cult because that tie in will make a lot of sense to most viewers and will be even more damning to the society.

-Rick

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

While I am personally looking forward to watching the program, I am going to have to do it in secret, because I know my mom would either make me turn it off, or make me feel so uncomfortable I just would not be able to take it...

DIM - I totally agree with you. That is how "normal" JW's will react. Then they will pump up even more so the need for field service, which is gonna suck big time... ugh. i can't wait....

cg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit