Watchtower Travel Agency ???

by 4thgen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Who is making the travel arrangements for the international conventions? I heard somewhere they did not use outside sources anymore to coordinate the airfares, etc.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Greetings!

heard "somewhere" ??

The International Delegates are being left to their own devices to organise and buy their travel arrangements to get to the convention cities, be it by plane, boat, train or cross-country road-trip!! yeah!!

They do though need to book a pre-selected hotel in each city which will enable the International Delegates to be grouped together thus making it easier for the coach trips and entertainment organisation!!

OK, OK, somewhere there's an excuse that's all I need -

http://youtu.be/RIii2urYUmg

that's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• skin
    skin

???Why you making up rubbish for? Well thats not how it happened last year....International Delegates had to pay the WTBTS $XXXX to get there, which included air travel, bus to and from conventions, lunches, and accom, which had been was all pre planned. Funny thing was that if these International Delegates planned and paid for their own way to the convention, they could have done it for about half the price the they paid to WTBTS

• talesin
    talesin

I don't know if this applies, but my father booked a trip to Australia for a some kind of international assembly through the Society TM about 15 years ago? The only reason I knew about that, is he had a heart attack and had to cancel, so I was helping them with the paperwork for his refund. Very surprised I was, that the JWs were arranging 'travel tours' for international conventions.

tal

• Listener
    Listener

That is what I have read also darkspilver. They arrange their own transport there and stay in the designated hotels. This may have been different in past years.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I know that in years past they had an official designated travel agency (usually ran by jdubs) but heard they discontinued using professional services. Who is arranging yhe ground tours etc and getting paid? Is the WT now in the tour business?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When my folks went to Japan it was thru some brother that had an agency, I think the majority of the folks on the trip were JWs, matter of fact although my mother has passed she still gets mail (or I should say I get it since it comes to my address) from him every now and then, it's usually some brochure with upcoming trips, cant remember his name but I think he's in Illinois.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, it may have been an officially designated travel agency (owned by JWs). My dad was very specific that he was dealing with 'brothers' , and the tour was all-Witless, all-the-time. Rooms, etc. all arranged. But as I said, that was a long time ago.

Shirley W, really? How insensitive. smh

tal

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Skin=darkspliver is correct in what he said.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK they use Moseley travel (aka JWTOURS.co.uk).

If you want to go to Malta etc you have to arrange through this company.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit