Requirements for the Anointed

by HeyThere 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Rev 14:4 Here a thought.

These were "ones" could mean both female and male.

Among "men" could represent mankind in general.

Did not defile themselves with "women" Maybe women represents Babylon the Great the harlot and sister. The 12 tribes turned away from YHWH and worshipped false gods! OT

And in their mouth was found no deceit,[ d ] for they are without fault before the throne of God.[ e ]

Lol! Men! not in our time!

• Fernando
    Fernando

First up "ho Kristos" or "the anointed" is always correctly translated as "the Christ" in the NT - even in the corrupted NWT.

Therefore anyone claiming to be "the anointed" is a false Christ.

Lastly, according to the gospel, membership of the New Covenant is open to anyone who wants to receive a clean and right standing with God, by imputation, and as a free gift. I.O.W. the sainthood of all believers (like the priesthood of all believers).

B.T.W. after a combined 110 year involvement our family quit following religion in general (and the Watchtower specifically) to pursue the gospel instead. The spiritual and psychological awakening, transformation and healing has been profound.

PS - "Women" in this context I believe is not literal and means religion which defiles the temple of the living God, subverts the gospel, and seduces people into spiritual unfaithfulness (adultery, fornication or prostitution) a.k.a. apostasy.

• designs
    designs

I think we have had a few Evangelicals on here who believe the 144,000 are suppose to be literal Jews.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

@stuckinarut - lmbo! Yes, it is not easy to follow, is it? Whatever fits the need at the time. Yeesh.

@sarahsmiles - I noticed at the last assembly that they said "you may now be seated brothers" and "the brothers welcome you into their congregations..." (said to the newly baptized) I was looking around for any other reactions and...none! I was tempted to partake but I figured my husband would freak out because he is soooo jw right now he would think I was mocking him or something.

@enlightenment123 - yes, I have the Revalation book and it is...something else. I have a very old version of it too. Makes it even better.

everyone else, thank you for the info. I am rushing getting kids ready for school but will check in again later.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

nobody here has read the scripture "you are neither male or female but

you are all one in the Christ" ??

• donny
    donny

When you go back an look at some of the Society's early annointed numbers, it appears that anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 of the 144,000 were from 1874 and onward. So according to their own data, less that 100,000 "true" Christians existed bewteen 33 CE and 1874 CE. When you bring out the vast numbers that were baptized as recorded in the Bible, they would say that "evidently" the vast majority of those fell away in the great apostasy.

• KateWild
    KateWild

why do people believe this stuff they spew....it is so weird! my own husbamd is believing this stuff.-Hey There

Many of us have stopped believing it. Mainly due to the fact that something has happened in our lives or in the cong to make us question the religion and the doctrines. Some leave the Org, like your hubby but still believe it all, they just leave because they don't want to practice anymore. These JWs will likely always feel guilty and like bad people unless they return to the WT.

It is a cult and very good at making JWs believe outragious doctrines, they are kept busy with all sorts of rituals to stop them from thinking critically. They are just too tired to do proper research into what they are being taught.

Kate xx

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The annointed are the Bride ofChrist. They have to be pure and incorrupt in a spiritual sense.

Nobody in those days would have married a non-virgin bride - such a woman would have been stoned to death. The only exception was if a guy raped her, then she was forced to marry her attacker.

Okay okay... just sayin'! bejaysass.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I believe the 144,000 were chosen from the tribes of Israelites and were literal. I believe the number started with the ones under the alter and 144,000 were added then it continues until the great crowd are completed. No human knows the final number but God does.

It is Revelations so nothing is for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit