This Weekends SAD Not So Special

by piztjw 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

SAD weekend started with a $3,000 surplus. Expenses were $2,800. - piztjw

So no need to donate. All costs covered. Assemblies are money making indoctrination sessions. Kate xx

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

A $3000 franchise fee. Without that there would not be a deficit. But that fee is the whole purpose of the assembly.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What a scam this cult is! I'm pissed I took so long to wake up.

• Heaven
    Heaven

pizt, I commend you for enduring this to report to us that Botchtower continues to crap on its members and give them useless advice. Sounded like it was an enormous waste of time.

The best part of the whole day was getting to give generously after the afternoon session was done. I "contributed" several slips of paper with I.O.U. $0.00 printed on one side, and JW.Net on the other in the begger boxes.

The title of your OP reminded me of this :

LOLCat Disappointed

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Ours was...pretty much the same. They actually talked about satan in the world and to avoid all apostates...basically everyone who is not a jw. Avoid any church, not even step a foot it a church and avoid churchly apostates, too. And, of course, specifically brought up avoiding the internet with any negative talk about jw...dont even go on to try and spread the truth! Avoid those apostates! Beware of independent thinking. The more you study the watchtower magazines the more you will understand how critical this is! Additionally, a DO something along the lines of just because there may be incorrect understanding of bible truth doesnt mean jw do not have the truth. That is no reason to loose faith! And then a grl got up to share her story, and was saying how blessed she is to have jehovahs family since she cant be around her own dad because he is an apostate, and that his disbelief in the truth felt like she was stabbed in the heart!!!

Then lunch. I had been sitting in the lunch room. My husband comes and asks if I heard the part about the apostates and the websites (we have been talking about things I have been learning about jws) I confirmed yes, I heard it. And also the independent thinking & shunning of the father part. A loving arrangement that it is.

And after lunch and the snooze fest they did the same number munching donation begging (we never ask for money! Its all voluntary!!) My husband asks if I wrote a check. I raised an eyebrow at him. He went and donated. Actual cash. I will do some jwfact stickers atthe DC. muh-ha-ha-ha there goes that independent thinking again!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is it just me, or are they sounding more and more desperate and freaked out every year?

• twice shy
    twice shy

@ Hey There. Hang in there. Try not to give him any opposition. Just loving support while asking thought provoking questions in a none defensive manner.

Is it possible that next time you can put a penny in the donation box so that when he asks you can truthfully answer yes I did! I was so moved by the talk that I gave all cash!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

piztjw - "If it feels good, looks good, sounds good, tastes good, smells good, or is even moderately enjoyable it is from SATAN!"

That's like saying, "if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's a chicken".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WITNESS MY FURY: What a scam this cult is! I'm pissed I took so long to wake up.

DITTO.

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure sounds like a damnation working to me. Anything that is fun is from Satan (which may be true), therefore is bad (a fallacy--what if it's joke-hova that is the evil one). And field circus and prayer solve nothing. I know--these things do nothing more than mask problems, similar to getting drunk or taking drugs (which I never did because I never saw the sense of masking problems).

And it looks like they are in for super whoppers of money problems--and not just the organization. The jokehovians themselves are going to have a rude awakening if they keep donating money to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. Saturn in Sagittarius is a sign of major money problems (such as the stock market crashes of 1929 and 1987, both of which happened during a Sagittarius transit of Saturn). Neptune is also getting in on the act, and I am seeing a situation where 2015 and 2016 is when the balloon is coming due. The whole financial system is threatened, and everyone in the world is at risk of losing everything.

Now, with this looming, wouldn't it make more sense to invest accordingly instead of wasting time donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund? And it would make more sense to spend the time researching this calamity before it is too late rather than wasting time in field circus. Besides, they are wasting money on gas and car expenses, suit dry cleanings, and Worldwide Damnation Fund donations. This would be better spent on silver and gold. They would also be wise to invest in quality items. Being satisfied with food (which doesn't even need to taste that good or be that nutritious) and clothing (which doesn't need to be attractive or comfortable, let alone durable) at this time is the ultimate of stupidity. Better to get quality in things. Need to replace a light bulb? Instead of a squiggly thing, why not get a LED now? You need batteries? Getting NiMH rechargeables and a good charger will save you money down the road. You lost your electricity and found your blackout supplies running wimpy? Now is the time to invest in lanterns and flashlights, and NiMH batteries (that come in low self discharge) along with good chargers. In the market for small appliances? Invest in quality now.

Or, you can trust in joke-hova. Then, you are broke and destitute. At which point, Saturn in Sagittarius comes. Neptune does its job, and the dollar becomes toilet paper. At which point, your cheap crap appliances blow out or break. Your squiggly thing, which was supposed to last 9 years, blows out and damn nearly burns your house down after less than one year. You are wasting more on gas and suit dry cleanings, and you don't even have a barter skill for when the dollar goes worthless. This is going to happen worldwide--yen and euro are also damned to become toilet paper. And in the meantime, you are enjoying nothing. And who is going to be willing to answer the door when their dollars are also worthless? A good field circus bag and freshly dry cleaned suit will do you no good at this time, nor will that fancy call book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit